Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In amongst his various vague ramblings last night, he claimed that the UK had called, and asked for 200 ventilators - we're "desperate" for ventilators according to the orange one, and he was going to see what he could do.

Will this have been a likely request ? I don't doubt we are in need of them, but last I heard, we'd commissioned the likes of Airbus, Rolls Royce and Dyson to deliver something like 30,000 ventilators ASAP. So shipping 200 over from the USA is a relative drop in the ocean. And even if this request was true, given the burgeoning crisis unfolding over there, I can't see exporting ventilators right now would be an overwhelmingly popular policy.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
In amongst his various vague ramblings last night, he claimed that the UK had called, and asked for 200 ventilators - we're "desperate" for ventilators according to the orange one, and he was going to see what he could do.

Will this have been a likely request ? I don't doubt we are in need of them, but last I heard, we'd commissioned the likes of Airbus, Rolls Royce and Dyson to deliver something like 30,000 ventilators ASAP. So shipping 200 over from the USA is a relative drop in the ocean. And even if this request was true, given the burgeoning crisis unfolding over there, I can't see exporting ventilators right now would be an overwhelmingly popular policy.

If the toys parted company with the pram over the exporting to Canada of facemasks then I can't see us ever going to the US to get ventilators and actually expect delivery.
Sounds unlikely to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the toys parted company with the pram over the exporting to Canada of facemasks then I can't see us ever going to the US to get ventilators and actually expect delivery.
Sounds unlikely to me.

Sounded highly unlikely to me as well. The guy is just like Johnson - there simply isn't an "off" switch on his bullshit-ometer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This plays in to Trumps mindset, the USA is suffering badly because of his ignorance of the situation in early March, now he recognises the need for ventilators and PPE is incredibly urgent. Through his babble he is trying to appease Americans by listing all the companies that he has singlehandedly managed to convince to stop whatever they were making and make ventilators and PPE for the Good 'Ol USA … but, saying that other countries are asking, even begging for what the US can provide neatly covers up the mistakes Trump has made, saying that he might sell 200 to us makes it look like they are manufacturing more than their own needs and that the US is superior because they have the largesse to support weaker, more feeble countries ( anyone other than the US ) .

And, flogging off 200 would not really dent their production by denying them to US covid-19 sufferers.. Win-Win in Trumps tiny brain...… However, we could have 100,000 ventilators here, but it would not help that much as we don't have the anaesthetist's or specially trained nurses to use all of them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Takes a lot of time to produce these machines, "ASAP" could be a while down the road so if you could import a few hundred its probably.. nice.

Exporting ventilators probably not popular, no, but they probably want something in return - like a few thousand of your new CPAP machine. If everyone stops export and import, everyone is ****ed, so there's bound to be a bit of these "wtf are you doing" deals. Not everyone is stupid enough to talk loudly about selling ventilators though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This plays in to Trumps mindset, the USA is suffering badly because of his ignorance of the situation in early March, now he recognises the need for ventilators and PPE is incredibly urgent. Through his babble he is trying to appease Americans by listing all the companies that he has singlehandedly managed to convince to stop whatever they were making and make ventilators and PPE for the Good 'Ol USA … but, saying that other countries are asking, even begging for what the US can provide neatly covers up the mistakes Trump has made, saying that he might sell 200 to us makes it look like they are manufacturing more than their own needs and that the US is superior because they have the largesse to support weaker, more feeble countries ( anyone other than the US ) .

And, flogging off 200 would not really dent their production by denying them to US covid-19 sufferers.. Win-Win in Trumps tiny brain...… However, we could have 100,000 ventilators here, but it would not help that much as we don't have the anaesthetist's or specially trained nurses to use all of them.

Sounds depressingly plausible unfortunately. Just making shit up as he goes along, in an attempt to give the illusion that he is in complete control of this, to the point where he also has capacity to help other nations - when the mortality rate % in the US is looking like surpassing every nation in the civilised world.

Its such a minor point in the great scheme of things, but I'd love to have seen him asked EXACTLY who had apparently made this call to him yesterday. But its already disappeared into the white noise in amongst the neverending rivers of bullshit that come tumbling out of him at these press conferences.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Takes a lot of time to produce these machines, "ASAP" could be a while down the road so if you could import a few hundred its probably.. nice.

Exporting ventilators probably not popular, no, but they probably want something in return - like a few thousand of your new CPAP machine. If everyone stops export and import, everyone is ****ed, so there's bound to be a bit of these "wtf are you doing" deals. Not everyone is stupid enough to talk loudly about selling ventilators though.

Lets get real. Nobody in the UK called the Trump administration to ask for 200 ventilators. If he told me what day it is, I'd check a calendar.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s all part of his very deliberate nightly show to present an image of a war footing president, orchestrating the might of American industry.

As many do here, I have a reasonable knowledge of FDR’s presidency and his response to Pearl Harbor. He had charisma, was generally loved across the electorate, had the respect of Republican congressmen, he was a unifier, a doer and highly intelligent.

Trump has none of those qualities. He’s a divisive, racist bulls*itter who puts tax cuts for his ilk above the poor.

Imho, he and his alt-right spin doctors are trying to create a faux FDR aura, deliberately so in election year. Always all about him.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
See for it to be a deflection I'd have had to have said nothing about Trump being a hypocrite. Agreed?

It would be a deflection when one didn't acknowledge his hypocrisy at all.

He was a flat out hypocrite. So if hypocrisy is the issue there, call it out everywhere.

Acknowledged. You're a hypocrite much like the Trumpster.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My guess on the 200 ventilators is there's probably something in it, but it would look very different if we knew context and timing.
Failing that it goes one of 2 ways:-

A - Someone on Fox News said it.

Or

ii - Someone in the White House alluded to other countries being worse than MAGA, as a deflection.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sounds depressingly plausible unfortunately. Just making shit up as he goes along, in an attempt to give the illusion that he is in complete control of this, to the point where he also has capacity to help other nations - when the mortality rate % in the US is looking like surpassing every nation in the civilised world.

Its such a minor point in the great scheme of things, but I'd love to have seen him asked EXACTLY who had apparently made this call to him yesterday. But its already disappeared into the white noise in amongst the neverending rivers of bullshit that come tumbling out of him at these press conferences.

If they had asked him that question, he'd have said something like 'you know what, we're keen to help everyone, that's such a nasty question, we're keen to help, you should be ashamed, you journalists, that's such a nasty question, the UK are great peoples, beautiful peoples, of course we want to help them, why are you asking such nasty questions, that's bad journalism, you should see this is a beautiful request which we can help our friends in that great country with...' ad infinitum.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they had asked him that question, he'd have said something like 'you know what, we're keen to help everyone, that's such a nasty question, we're keen to help, you should be ashamed, you journalists, that's such a nasty question, the UK are great peoples, beautiful peoples, of course we want to help them, why are you asking such nasty questions, that's bad journalism, you should see this is a beautiful request which we can help our friends in that great country with...' ad infinitum.

So spot on. As I read that, I could literally hear his voice in my head saying just that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus H Corbett. One of the reporters in the White House briefing has just asked the POTUS if he's watched Tiger King on Netflix, and whether he'd consider giving Joe Exotic a pardon. "I'll take a look" :facepalm:

Next question - "last week, projected deaths in the USA were forcasted at around 240,000...are these figures now being revised downward ?"

Only in America could you get those two types of questions one after the other. America, and maybe the BHA fans forum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hang on.. Trump...are you suggesting that he doesn't always....tell the truth? Do you have any real evidence? I've read that he's a pretty straight kind of guy.

Ah! No...wait...oh yes. No, no. He's a globally recognised thundercunt and arsebadger, a liar, a dinlo and the president of the united states.

Lucky we don't have a global crisis on our hands.

:wozza:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Saunders out, is beong reported over here. Shame, he always seems like a decent option to me.

Biden and Trump will battle the race to the bottom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Saunders out, is beong reported over here. Shame, he always seems like a decent option to me.

Biden and Trump will battle the race to the bottom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

And so it is the Democrats corrupt hatchet job on Bernie MK2 ends

It's almost like they want Trump to win by removing all of the best and most effective candidates.

Given the Democrats have been happy to try and dig up any dirt they can on Trump if the Republicans choose to go down that path with Biden he could be exposed big time.

Not sure what the Democrats end goal is by going with him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/07/trump-coronavirus-who-funding-deaths-briefing

On Tuesday, with the US death toll exceeding 12,000, he unleashed a tirade at the WHO, even though it raised the alarm in January, after which he made statements downplaying it and comparing it to the common flu.

“They’ve been wrong about a lot of things,” Trump said at the daily White House coronavirus task force briefing. “And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to – they seemed to be very China centric” – implying that the WHO had toed the line of Beijing’s early efforts to minimise the scale of the outbreak.

Shaking his head peevishly, he added: “They called it wrong, they called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known and they should have known and they probably did know. So we’ll be looking into that very carefully and we’re going to put a hold on money spent [sic] to the WHO.

“We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it and we’re going to see. It’s a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong, it’s not good.”

But soon after, Trump was asked if the middle of a pandemic was the time to suspend money for the WHO. “No, maybe not,” he replied, backtracking from his earlier remark. “I’m not saying I’m going to do it but we’re going to look at.” A reporter interjected: “You did say that –”

Trump retorted: “No, I didn’t, I said we’re going to look at it. We’re going to investigate it, we’re going to look at it. But we will look at ending funding, yeah, because you know what, they called it wrong, and if you look back over the years even, everything seems to be very biased toward China. That’s not right.”

The WHO declared Covid-19 a public health emergency on 30 January, nearly a month before Trump tweeted: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA”, and proclaimed: “One day – it’s like a miracle - it will disappear.” He eventually declared a national emergency on 13 March.

I saw this exchange last night. Put the laptop lid down. And trudged upstairs, shaking my head.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Very good and deep state analysis has shown how he has been studying Chris Hughton presentational videos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here