Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
8 years for Tangerine Man then?

Not if he's in prison he won't be.

He's got problems even if he avoids jail. Kasich has said he's standing and a couple of other Republicans are musing it over. Sitting presidents who face challenges from their own party never do well (see Carter in 80 and Bush in 92) and neither of them have the baggage Trump has.

Democrat pick will be interesting: will they go for veterans like Sanders or Biden or someone new like Harris? I may put a few bob on O'Rourke, he'd be really left-field and a great contrast to Trump.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Trump has also shown once again that he has no balls. Just like he never has the guts to actually fire anyone from his administration and has to get someone else to do it, he cannot confront foreign leaders, especially dictators. He will always just say "I accepted his word on it." Latest example is the Otto Warmbier embarrassment with Fat Boy Kim.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've just been reading up about Trump believing Kim Jong-un when he said that he didn't know about the student that was tortured to a point of being brain dead and all I can think of is the South Park movie where Satan keeps on believing that Saddam can change.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What I want to know is did Rocket Man move the goalposts because he thought Trump would have to come back from Asia with some sort of deal - however weak - after Cohen's damning testimony? They had a final meeting and signing ceremony all set up and everything.

On the foreign policy front this is a disaster. A small nation has made the President look bad at the worst possible time for him, but for world peace after this you can't see them getting back round the table any time soon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not if he's in prison he won't be.

He's got problems even if he avoids jail. Kasich has said he's standing and a couple of other Republicans are musing it over. Sitting presidents who face challenges from their own party never do well (see Carter in 80 and Bush in 92) and neither of them have the baggage Trump has.

Democrat pick will be interesting: will they go for veterans like Sanders or Biden or someone new like Harris? I may put a few bob on O'Rourke, he'd be really left-field and a great contrast to Trump.

Would love to see O'Rourke debate Trump. He comes across incredibly respectful and Trump would struggle to grab onto something to attack him with. I think O'Rourke would just hand Trump the rope.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Republicans should be absolutely ashamed of the way they are acting right now. Embarrassment to everything America was founded upon.

American politics is now a sport, with only two teams. It's us vs Palace, Boston Red Sox vs the Yankees, Liverpool vs Man Utd. The two sides hate each other and don't mind embarrassing themselves if it scores a point on the other team. The only thing that could save it now is a viable third team, and there is no sign of that ever happening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
American politics is now a sport, with only two teams. It's us vs Palace, Boston Red Sox vs the Yankees, Liverpool vs Man Utd. The two sides hate each other and don't mind embarrassing themselves if it scores a point on the other team. The only thing that could save it now is a viable third team, and there is no sign of that ever happening.

Sounds familiar.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I agree to an extent - Democrats certainly aren't blameless, however there are a number of Dems genuinely trying to do what is right for the country and stand up for their voters atm. There are pretty much ZERO Republicans doing that, so this "both sides" argument doesn't really wash, at least not at this specific point in time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The two sides hate each other and don't mind embarrassing themselves if it scores a point on the other team.

But they didn't with Nixon - he resigned because even the Republicans turned against him. What has happened in the intervening 40 years to make things so different?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But they didn't with Nixon - he resigned because even the Republicans turned against him. What has happened in the intervening 40 years to make things so different?

Republican congressmen were rarely Ult Right in 1973. They are now, or greedy opportunists, personally gaining from tax cuts for the super rich and climate destroying reindustrialisation. Plus Trump allows their dreams of extreme policies on abortion, gay rights, medicare to come true.

Polarised congress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sometimes forgotten, Pence is an evil piece of shite, without the obvious links to criminal activity.

I keep trying to remind people.

Trump is selfish egotistical wealthy white man who's daddy was considerbly richer.
He feels he's the greatest because nobody has ever dare tell him he isn't.

Pence, on the other hand, isn't in politics solely for himself, he's in it because God told him, and he makes his decisions based on the scriptures of God and the answers to his prayers.

Far far more dangerous.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Trump is selfish egotistical wealthy white man who's daddy was considerbly richer.

Pence, on the other hand, isn't in politics solely for himself, he's in it because God told him, and he makes his decisions based on the scripturtof God and the time he answers to his prayers.

Far far more dangerous.

We’ve both mentioned him a few times.

Reminds me of Sarah Palin - pure evil, doesn’t give two shits about climate, pollution, blasting wildlife, building over sacred land, the poor, the sick, gay rights, women pregnant through rape, etc.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting that under the Democracy Index the US is now classified as a "Flawed Democracy".

These nations have significant faults in other democratic aspects, including underdeveloped political culture, low levels of participation in politics, and issues in the functioning of governance

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Pence, on the other hand, isn't in politics solely for himself, he's in it because God told him, and he makes his decisions based on the scriptures of God and the answers to his prayers.

Far far more dangerous.

Yep. A complete ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here