Page 402 of 414 FirstFirst ... 302352392399400401402403404405412 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4137

Thread: Trump

  1. #4011
    Members Voroshilov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jibrovia
    Posts
    5,073


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well not necessarily.

    Not when courses like Gender Studies and other such pointless degrees are included in that figure.

    There are plenty of smart tradespeople out there who never went to a college but have higher IQs and better bank balances than these so called smart college people.

    That's been a common reality for many who take pointless courses only to get out into the real world and find their bit of paper is worthless for the job market.
    In 2015 more than 2000 gender studies degrees were awarded according to this link https://www.studyinternational.com/n...ender-studies/ .

    In the same year according to this link https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/...ees_AA_BS.aspx 1.9 million batchelor degrees were awarded.

    So gender studies accounts for at 0.15% of all degrees ie less than 1 in 650.

    Even if we are to accept your argument that gender studies graduates shouldn't be considered as better educated we can can't accpet they invalidate the use of college graduates as a reasonable metric.
    I trust no one, not even myself

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #4012
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      24,766


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Clinton was widely disliked and seen as part of the system/establishment. The mood was for change, real change and they got it. The age group you mention is a little too broadly based. Most of the surveys carried out focus on U25's. Interestingly, U25 females voted 80/20 in favour of Remain, U25 males a bit less so ( 61/39 ) Females show bigger splits in all age groups, than males. The sharpest division being females under 25 and females over 65.
      This is a bit of a distraction from Trump but this over-65 group being pro-Brexit is a bit misleading. Research from LSE shows that among the over-80s, support for Remain is almost on par with the 18-25 group. That means that the 65-79 group is massively against the EU. I wonder why there's such a strong feeling there - not matched by people just a few years older
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #4013
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      17,351


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is a bit of a distraction from Trump but this over-65 group being pro-Brexit is a bit misleading. Research from LSE shows that among the over-80s, support for Remain is almost on par with the 18-25 group. That means that the 65-79 group is massively against the EU. I wonder why there's such a strong feeling there - not matched by people just a few years older
      Baby boomers, never had it so good generation, grew up in full employment, things turned crap under Wilson (conspicuous numbers of 'unwashed' union men in number ten drinking tea) and Heath (3 day week, and entry into the common market). The generation most dazzled by Saint Margaret who restored British Pride by telling johnny foreigner (including the EU) what's what. Not saying this is the only generation with this nostalgia-tinted mindset, but it is most predominant here (not saying all oldies are rabid anti EU either). Those over 80 have better insight into how shit life can be during war with Europe.

      Edit i seem to recall Small-ums backing the gun lobby after a mass shooting in the US on the grounds that the dead would have been safer had they all been armed. It has a certain logic to it. . . . .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
    • #4014
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      29,655


      0 Not allowed!
      Still at it.....oh well he is entertaining apparently

      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48997008
    • #4015
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      26,441


      11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Judge him on the state of the American economy.
      Yes, he makes a lot of people squirm but how easily we forget the non-achieving, fake, Obama....the duplicitous Hilary.... and the plain idiotic, war-mongering Bush. What a collection of deadbeats.
      Civilisation, especially leading a democracy, isn’t all about creating wealth for stockholders and reopening planet destroying industries.

      Blatant racism against blacks, siding with extreme fascists, trying to crush healthcare for the poor, bullying misogyny, simply bullying in general, polluting the planet, having not a care for ecology .... are all very heavy prices to pay for giving tax breaks favouring the rich, creating jobs and a Wall Street boom.

      Has any US President/Administration in the last 85 plus years, or ever, been so callous, devious, vicious, deliberately divisive, damaging to the planet? Trump wins on all counts.
    • #4016
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      10,731


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In 2015 more than 2000 gender studies degrees were awarded according to this link https://www.studyinternational.com/n...ender-studies/ .

      In the same year according to this link https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/...ees_AA_BS.aspx 1.9 million batchelor degrees were awarded.

      So gender studies accounts for at 0.15% of all degrees ie less than 1 in 650.

      Even if we are to accept your argument that gender studies graduates shouldn't be considered as better educated we can can't accpet they invalidate the use of college graduates as a reasonable metric.
      That"s one example of worthless degrees. There's more out there.

      Going to college doesn't make you more intelligent than those who didn't.

      As the recent college scandal has proven, there's a system of nepotism where kids are getting in because of who they know, not what they know.

      There also needs to be a break down of what subjects are favoured by Democrats and what favoured by Republicans.

      If the Democrats are churning out basic teachers and the Republicans are churning out Engineers then as an intelligence based subject Engineers are smarter than Teachers.


      As Mark Twain said "Lies, damned lies and statistics".
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #4017
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      10,731


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Which one of the congresswomen abused by Trump is an anti-semite?
      Go and do your own research. That's what I notice about people on here, when it comes to what's going on in the US their knowledge seems to come from clickbait articles.

      Just to get you started seeing as you're too lazy to do it yourself the Wiesenthal Centre went after Tlaib for things she said. That'd the left of centre pro Nazi hunters type of people.

      https://www.timesofisrael.com/wiesen...srael-remarks/

      If Trump is a racist for calling out these four senators, then the four senators are at heart racists as well.

      So it's just a circle jerk of racism.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #4018
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      42,155


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still at it.....oh well he is entertaining apparently

      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48997008
      "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came"

      They came from the USA you racist tw@!
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
    • #4019
      Members nicko31's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      A long way from the coast...
      Posts
      8,243


      1 Not allowed!
      The Alf Garnett tribute act is still going on this one

      Educated women of colour expose all his prejudices in full, anyone who votes for him needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
      Give us UNIONS NOT UNICORNS!!!
    • #4020
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Sittingbourne, Kent
      Posts
      3,572


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Go and do your own research. That's what I notice about people on here, when it comes to what's going on in the US their knowledge seems to come from clickbait articles.

      Just to get you started seeing as you're too lazy to do it yourself the Wiesenthal Centre went after Tlaib for things she said. That'd the left of centre pro Nazi hunters type of people.

      https://www.timesofisrael.com/wiesen...srael-remarks/

      If Trump is a racist for calling out these four senators, then the four senators are at heart racists as well.

      So it's just a circle jerk of racism.
      Sorry, your research comes from a slightly biased source.

      It appears that anyone that crticises Israel and its policies is now deemed anti-Semite in an attempt to shut them up. That in itself is racism of the worst kind...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •