Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The problem is, Trump's supporters aren't necessarily the kind of people to stop and think about the level of engagement before shooting some round into the ceiling, or in this case, a chest cavity. There are no shades of grey for them....there isn't even black or white, as we know which one they prefer.

For a nation indoctrinated with the Hollywood idea of 'goodies Vs baddies', black and white is *exactly* how they are taught to see the world (good guys have white hats, bad guys have black hats).
In the last 20years or so, Hollywood has improved but still churns out loads of idiologically simplistic movies designed to subliminally message the audience.
Any American movie from this century with someone smoking = baddie (or to indicate the hero is severely flawed).

Very simplistic view and I'm sure everyone can pick out an exception to the stereotype but it's a steady drip drip effect that doesn't get changed by the exceptions to the rule. 40s-90s and Hollywood stuck to a very standard formula.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The problem is, Trump's supporters aren't necessarily the kind of people to stop and think about the level of engagement before shooting some round into the ceiling, or in this case, a chest cavity. There are no shades of grey for them....there isn't even black or white, as we know which one they prefer.

as indicated by the queues at the gun shops when the virus hit America - nothing like getting your Redneck priorities right.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am not on Twitter but News24 was showing a few this afternoon and one was something like "when the looting starts the shooting starts" and i don't think that Trump means that the looter's will be doing the shooting ?

Trump tried to claim he meant that. But it's clear he didn't.

Twitter then covered the Tweet as glorifying violence.

That won't go down well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Twitter have indicated that POTUS saying he was prepared to exercise his legal powers is bad but the Iranian leader threatening another state is fine. If that's whataboutery, then so be it.

I think you make a valid point. I don't use twatter but I would assume that if Trump has been censored then millions of other gobshites including the Supreme Dalek of Irania are also censored. And I am assuming from your comment that they aren't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump just withdrew the USA from the W.H.O. Still desperately looking for a scapegoat for his incompetence.

You know what ? let him do it, good riddance Donald, oh, and please pull out of everything else you don't like that is a forum for discussion and shared values and information, stay in America and build a ****ing big wall all around you and don't come out until you get rid of your nations racism,guns and poverty.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
You know what ? let him do it, good riddance Donald, oh, and please pull out of everything else you don't like that is a forum for discussion and shared values and information, stay in America and build a ****ing big wall all around you and don't come out until you get rid of your nations racism,guns and poverty.

Someone could have suggested that but of course the chickenshite president ran away without taking any questions.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think you make a valid point. I don't use twatter but I would assume that if Trump has been censored then millions of other gobshites including the Supreme Dalek of Irania are also censored. And I am assuming from your comment that they aren't.

Trump hasn't been censored. One tweet carries a "this is bo11ocks" warning, another requires you to click past a "this guy's a sicko" warning, but the tweets are still viewable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trump hasn't been censored. One tweet carries a "this is bo11ocks" warning, another requires you to click past a "this guy's a sicko" warning, but the tweets are still viewable.

Note to self:

Take note and don't again respond to click bait that contains 'facts' about which I know nothing and about which I give not even a tiny dessicated shit :lolol: :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would love it if twitter did actually ban him, delete his account. how would he complain about it, without twitter? he'd be so lost.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i would love it if twitter did actually ban him, delete his account. how would he complain about it, without twitter? he'd be so lost.
He would have to use the old style TV and radio media and just try to be " presidential"....... The problem with that is he can't talk clearly and with a strong core message.

He is in fact, looking very out of his depth now. Mixed messages over the George Floyd protests, Covid-19 cases starting to edge up again and lashing out at China and the WHO show someone who is losing the plot and control.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not on Twitter but News24 was showing a few this afternoon and one was something like "when the looting starts the shooting starts" and i don't think that Trump means that the looter's will be doing the shooting ?
It's worse than that.

I'm working this weekend and not really across the story, but what I have picked up on is the 'shooting/looting' phrase was first used in the 1960's.

It was the headline to a racially charged piece written on the front page of The Miami Herald.
The piece in question has fallen into Folklore now and only gets spoken about in hushed tones, unless you're a dyed in the wool racist or ...

As you're not on Twitter (a little nod to HWT) you'll have to Google the phrase for the whole story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's worse than that.

I'm working this weekend and not really across the story, but what I have picked up on is the 'shooting/looting' phrase was first used in the 1960's.

It was the headline to a racially charged piece written on the front page of The Miami Herald.
The piece in question has fallen into Folklore now and only gets spoken about in hushed tones, unless you're a dyed in the wool racist or ...

As you're not on Twitter (a little nod to HWT) you'll have to Google the phrase for the whole story.

My mistake 30 seconds on Twitter filled me in.

The quote is from the Miami Police Chief, as reported in the Miami press:-

looting.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1266552262563954695[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do the "not on twitter" people know you dont have to be on twitter to look at it?

I'm beginning to think the only people taking about Twitter are the ones that begin the sentence with:-

'I'm not on Twitter but ...'

As said elsewhere I find it so odd people are against the one form of social media which you have 100% control of the content.

I have these 3 pieces of 'content' pretty much next too each other:-

[tweet]1266504763501432837[/tweet]

[tweet]1266610756293988353[/tweet]

[tweet]1266595191496019970[/tweet]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why does civil unrest over issues like this always result in looting? What the hell has stealing from shops ( ruining the livelihoods of innocent people ) got to do with street protests? It just seems that it is the perfect cover for those predisposed to break the law to help themselves. In 2011, protests over the shooting of Mark Duggan in Tottenham, ended up with rioting and looting on a national basis. The vast majority got away with it. When law and order breaks down, you have to take strong measures. In many cases in 2011, police in the UK stood back and did nothing, whilst businesses were being burned to the ground and millions stolen. Simply unacceptable. Outside of using live ammunition, any measure should be employed to ensure safety on our streets. I don't care, as long as the scum who take advantage of these situations are rounded up and punished. Its us, the taxpayer, who bears the cost of this. In 2011, in London alone, it was estimated that 30,000 trading hours were lost at a cost of £100m.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He would have to use the old style TV and radio media and just try to be " presidential"....... The problem with that is he can't talk clearly and with a strong core message.

He is in fact, looking very out of his depth now. Mixed messages over the George Floyd protests, Covid-19 cases starting to edge up again and lashing out at China and the WHO show someone who is losing the plot and control.

Sounds like the perfect preparation for another term in charge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does civil unrest over issues like this always result in looting? What the hell has stealing from shops ( ruining the livelihoods of innocent people ) got to do with street protests? It just seems that it is the perfect cover for those predisposed to break the law to help themselves. In 2011, protests over the shooting of Mark Duggan in Tottenham, ended up with rioting and looting on a national basis. The vast majority got away with it. When law and order breaks down, you have to take strong measures. In many cases in 2011, police in the UK stood back and did nothing, whilst businesses were being burned to the ground and millions stolen. Simply unacceptable. Outside of using live ammunition, any measure should be employed to ensure safety on our streets. I don't care, as long as the scum who take advantage of these situations are rounded up and punished. Its us, the taxpayer, who bears the cost of this. In 2011, in London alone, it was estimated that 30,000 trading hours were lost at a cost of £100m.

The major of Atlanta nails this in her press conference.
Search her on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here