Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This really smacks of one rule for one another rule for another?

Trump is no angel, far from it, but almost every US President has had a dark side, why pick on Donald?

You're not suggesting letting things go purely because 'people have been bad before', are you?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Trump is no angel, far from it, but almost every US President has had a dark side, why pick on Donald?[/

Because if you hold yourself up as the bastion of all that is right with America then you best act like it.
Donald Trump redeeming features = none

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Trump is no angel, far from it, but almost every US President has had a dark side, why pick on Donald?

Eh? Bill Clinton was impeached for a BLOWJOB.

What Trump has done is slightly more serious, wouldn't you say?!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I have to ask if you really understand what he is accused of? He is in charge of the largest Justice Department in the World. If he wanted American citizens investigated, he is in a perfect position to order an investigation. Instead, he held back military aid that the government had voted for in order to force a foreign ally currently at war, not to investigate, but just to announce that they were investigating, his potential opponent and his family. The only other president who has been accused of breaking the law in order to gain an electoral advantage was Nixon. He resigned because of it, after his party leaders told him that they would be voting, in his impeachment trial, for his removal from office.

This is not about America playing dirty tricks to get what it wants from other countries, like The Bay of Pigs, or the Iran Contra scandal. This is about using his office to cheat in an election to the detriment of law passed by Congress. The Democrats have been divided over whether Trump should be impeached throughout his presidency and the leaders on their side didn't want this. His actions made the trial inevitable. Those who have sworn an oath to protect the US Constitution, had no choice but to take this forward. If it wasn't for the extreme partisanship in the Senate, and the institutional insanity in a Republican Party that is throwing out every one of it's recognised values to protect him, he would have been out already and be facing a separate criminal trial for another piece of election fraud. He is named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the case that has led to Michael Cohen is serving time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No he wasn't. He was impeached for lying under oath and for obstruction of justice,

Regarding a blowjob. So yes, yes he was. I didn't literally think the article of impeachment was i. A Blowjob. :ffsparr:

By your own logic, the entire Republican party should be gotten rid of right now. All are knowingly obstructing justice.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have to ask if you really understand what he is accused of? He is in charge of the largest Justice Department in the World. If he wanted American citizens investigated, he is in a perfect position to order an investigation. Instead, he held back military aid that the government had voted for in order to force a foreign ally currently at war, not to investigate, but just to announce that they were investigating, his potential opponent and his family. The only other president who has been accused of breaking the law in order to gain an electoral advantage was Nixon. He resigned because of it, after his party leaders told him that they would be voting, in his impeachment trial, for his removal from office.

This is not about America playing dirty tricks to get what it wants from other countries, like The Bay of Pigs, or the Iran Contra scandal. This is about using his office to cheat in an election to the detriment of law passed by Congress. The Democrats have been divided over whether Trump should be impeached throughout his presidency and the leaders on their side didn't want this. His actions made the trial inevitable. Those who have sworn an oath to protect the US Constitution, had no choice but to take this forward. If it wasn't for the extreme partisanship in the Senate, and the institutional insanity in a Republican Party that is throwing out every one of it's recognised values to protect him, he would have been out already and be facing a separate criminal trial for another piece of election fraud. He is named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the case that has led to Michael Cohen is serving time.

Exactly what electoral advantage was he getting?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not railing against anything, just applying Occam's razor. By all means support him because you agree with his policies, but he is quite obviously a hopeless liar. All his supporters know that, but seem to force themselves into areas of madness to pretend it's not true. It would be far more honourable to say 'He's a liar and a cheat, but we want a liar and a cheat in charge because it suits our ends, but then that kind of honesty is what got Machiavelli demonised.

It's not about supporting him. It's about recognising the absolute systematic corruption and hypocrisy going on behind the scenes by people trying to take him down.

That should concern people more than anything he's being accused of.

That there is so much infighting and distention in the Democrat party should be enough of a sign as to the dodgy stuff going on.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Exactly what electoral advantage was he getting?

Seems too obvious to need explaining, but go on then:

Calumny on Joe Biden, meaning that the opponent that he feared the most would either be running under a cloud or damaged enough not to run at all.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Given what Bush did and the WMD plotline I'd say what Trump is being accused of is far, far less serious.

And we've seen how chummy the Democrats are these days with Bush.

Not what I asked, but cool story.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Seems too obvious to need explaining, but go on then:

Calumny on Joe Biden, meaning that the opponent that he feared the most would either be running under a cloud or damaged enough not to run at all.

The problem with that is that Trump's first call dates to before Biden declared his intention to run.

I seriously doubt he fears calamity Joe however.

Biden makes Trump look young and mentally with it.

If you said he wanted to bury Biden because he was part of Obama's team then I'd have probably half agree with you as Trump does have a massive grudge against the Obama administration.

I think the only Dem candidate Trump would truly fear is Sanders.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So your view is they should impeach Trump not because what he did was anywhere near as serious as other Presidents but because he's Trump?

Again, not what I asked.

Go on, have one last try.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The problem with that is that Trump's first call dates to before Biden declared his intention to run.

The aid was held in July 2019 and the phone call at question was on 25th July, two months after Biden announced his candidacy. At the time, the polls were showing Biden as being the strongest candidate in a head to head against Trump. Trump was well aware of this having rage tweeted about some Fox News Polls that showed him 10 points behind Biden in June.

There is no point discussing anything if provable facts are being obfuscated or even denied.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Alan Dershowitz, the lawyer who defended OJ Simpson, disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, film director Roman Polanski, boxer Mike Tyson and former Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, is expected to present his opening defence for Trump tonight

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's not about supporting him. It's about recognising the absolute systematic corruption and hypocrisy going on behind the scenes by people trying to take him down.

That should concern people more than anything he's being accused of.

That there is so much infighting and distention in the Democrat party should be enough of a sign as to the dodgy stuff going on.

They LITERALLY rigged the primaries last time around to take Bernie out for Hillary and they lost. Bernie is once again starting to edge ahead in a lot of polls, we all KNOW it's going to happen again to get Warren in there or Biden. Why do we trust any of these people? :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The aid was held in July 2019 and the phone call at question was on 25th July, two months after Biden announced his candidacy. At the time, the polls were showing Biden as being the strongest candidate in a head to head against Trump. Trump was well aware of this having rage tweeted about some Fox News Polls that showed him 10 points behind Biden in June.

There is no point discussing anything if provable facts are being obfuscated or even denied.

So when the Ukrainian's said they had no idea the funding was being withheld would that not indicate that they had no idea the funding was being withheld and that they were supposed to do something to get it?

It makes the idea of quid pro quo laughable when one of the participants that's supposed to be part of the quid pro quo agreement has no idea it's a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here