Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paul Manafort: Ex-Trump campaign chief jailed for fraud

US President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort has been sentenced to 47 months in prison for tax and bank fraud.

He was convicted last summer of hiding millions of dollars of income from his political consulting in Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47491688

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Remember the Tim Apple moment?

Trump just tweeted that he said Tim Apple to save time and words. Sadly, some idiots will probably believe him. (Looking at you, Tyrone)

"At a recent round table meeting of business executives, & long after formally introducing Tim Cook of Apple, I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words. The Fake News was disparagingly all over this, & it became yet another bad Trump story!"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now there's a complete re-writing of history. Amazon pulled out of the NY because of hostility to it from local unions and residents, citing fears of rent rises.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...k-victory-new-yorkers-now-congress-ncna971806

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-won-t-build-a-headquarters-in-new-york-city

According to Bloomberg, "But local opposition was fervent from the beginning. Lawmakers resented being excluded from negotiations for the deal, and decried the $3 billion in government subsidies offered to a company run by Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest man, while the city itself is facing budget cuts. Community groups feared rising rents in the neighborhood would push out long-time residents, and that the influx of workers would strain an already overburdened subway system."

That’s exactly the reason, it was covered extensively at the time.

I can’t believe someone is posting an alternative completely fake news, with a ‘red herring’.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Remember the Tim Apple moment?

Trump just tweeted that he said Tim Apple to save time and words. Sadly, some idiots will probably believe him. (Looking at you, Tyrone)

"At a recent round table meeting of business executives, & long after formally introducing Tim Cook of Apple, I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words. The Fake News was disparagingly all over this, & it became yet another bad Trump story!"

Why can't he ever admit that he made a mistake? Or that someone MIGHT know more about this, that or the other than him?

Good piece on John Oliver about him last night – basically saying that Trumpo is often so bad, he's actually funny. Which pretty much nails it :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But they didn't with Nixon - he resigned because even the Republicans turned against him. What has happened in the intervening 40 years to make things so different?

More people are more relaxed about putting their own arse first - in fact for some you would be regarded as weak and a fool if you don't look after number one. Lots of people actually admire this trait (look at the number of Trump fans on here - not all of them have been thrown off NSC yet). You can't get elected now unless you're charismatic and appear sincere. There are a tiny number of charismatic and genuinely sincere US politicians, but as long as you can appear like you are the real deal that's all that's needed. And it is far easier to lie if you are an accomplished actor than a committed politician with honorable goals. TV favours the slick, glib and shameless. The public don't seem to be able to spot the difference (or even care). But everyone gets to vote (electoral register rigging to keep the numbers of black registered voters down, aside). Only first past the post and the electoral college saves America from being overrun by the sort of dangerous lunatic that makes Trump look like David Dimbleby. God Bless the Free and the Brave. And its coming here soon....

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Why can't he ever admit that he made a mistake? Or that someone MIGHT know more about this, that or the other than him?

Good piece on John Oliver about him last night – basically saying that Trumpo is often so bad, he's actually funny. Which pretty much nails it :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
More people are more relaxed about putting their own arse first - in fact for some you would be regarded as weak and a fool if you don't look after number one. Lots of people actually admire this trait (look at the number of Trump fans on here - not all of them have been thrown off NSC yet). You can't get elected now unless you're charismatic and appear sincere. There are a tiny number of charismatic and genuinely sincere US politicians, but as long as you can appear like you are the real deal that's all that's needed. And it is far easier to lie if you are an accomplished actor than a committed politician with honorable goals. TV favours the slick, glib and shameless. The public don't seem to be able to spot the difference (or even care). But everyone gets to vote (electoral register rigging to keep the numbers of black registered voters down, aside). Only first past the post and the electoral college saves America from being overrun by the sort of dangerous lunatic that makes Trump look like David Dimbleby. God Bless the Free and the Brave. And its coming here soon....

Plus a polarisation of politics, seen all over the globe.

The Ult Right types (same views as Pence, Palin) in my recollection never dominated the Republican Party in Congress as they do now. Even formerly moderate Republicans such as Ryan, have to look over their shoulders at getting the equivalent of delection (think Momentum), therefore they’ve abandoned their own personal principles, to jump on the Pence bandwagon.

Giving a frighteningly powerful Ult Right caucus hell bent on anti-abortion/womens rights, anti homosexual rights, anti medicare, racism, one sided gerrymandering, tax cuts for the mega rich etc. Fanatically backed by Evangelical Christian loonies. Treacherous, crooked Trump is delivering that evil programme, so they’re more than happy for him to stay in The White House.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Plus a polarisation of politics, seen all over the globe.

The Ult Right types (same views as Pence, Palin) in my recollection never dominated the Republican Party in Congress as they do now.

I don't know what Congress was like in 1964 but the GOP did choose barking right-winger Barry Goldwater as presidential candidate that year. He won just six states as Johnson romped home.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Robert Mueller's report has now been submitted to the Attorney General.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I live in Plzen now, which is a shame, but if you need any advice just ping me!

Cheers mate. might do because i deleted some restaurants you gave me by accident. Staying very close to a Tesco express.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Robert Mueller's report has now been submitted to the Attorney General.
*Like*

Maybe naughty Nigel gets a mention. Perhaps it ties in with the US Department of Justice plane being in the UK for unknown reason.

Look forward to the details becoming public at some point, the sooner the better.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Cheers mate. might do because i deleted some restaurants you gave me by accident. Staying very close to a Tesco express.

Hotel over the road from the Tesco at Ohrada or the one next to small square opposite a knocking shop?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here