Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He ran with a border wall as one of his policies. He won. Democrats should not be blocking a mandate from the people who voted him into power.

It's not a mandate though.

Democrats are not blocking the wall, they're blocking the funding of it. And Trump didn't have funding as part of his proposal, in fact, he said quite specifically that federal money wouldn't be used to pay for it. So, it's the Democrats who sticking to the mandate, not Trump.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
He ran with a border wall as one of his policies. He won. Democrats should not be blocking a mandate from the people who voted him into power.

That statement has a number of flaws and illustrates that you have no idea how politics work in the US. Nothing new there.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not a mandate though.

Democrats are not blocking the wall, they're blocking the funding of it. And Trump didn't have funding as part of his proposal, in fact, he said quite specifically that federal money wouldn't be used to pay for it. So, it's the Democrats who sticking to the mandate, not Trump.

I don't think people know what mandate means.

"the authority to carry out a policy, regarded as given by the electorate to a party or candidate that wins an election."

The outcome of how to pay for it has changed but the policy of building has not. As such he'll have delivered in part what he promised he would do.

Even if it's 88kms in Texas it's still a big win for him given many said there would never be any walls built.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think people know what mandate means.

"the authority to carry out a policy, regarded as given by the electorate to a party or candidate that wins an election."

The outcome of how to pay for it has changed but the policy of building has not. As such he'll have delivered in part what he promised he would do.

Even if it's 88kms in Texas it's still a big win for him given many said there would never be any walls built.

I assume you are pissing yourself writing that, well played son well played.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I assume you are pissing yourself writing that, well played son well played.

Always. It's hilarious seeing all these wankers lose their shit due to the Trump derangement syndrome.

What's true though is he can go to the voters and say "we began building a wall". That should see him go close to getting re-elected in 2020.

Then another 4 years of hilarity can ensue.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If you cup your ear when you talk then remove your hand before the reply you should be able to work it out. :lolol:

What, like this?

hennessey-shouting.jpg

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Always. It's hilarious seeing all these wankers lose their shit due to the Trump derangement syndrome.

What's true though is he can go to the voters and say "we began building a wall". That should see him go close to getting re-elected in 2020.

Actually he can’t. He stated that he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. That’s his mandate.
Also when he laid out his fiscal plans there was nothing in it to cover the building of the wall. This fiscal plan was approved by Congress. The new funding has not.

I think only one losing their shit is you. Great entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually he can’t. He stated that he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. That’s his mandate.
Also when he laid out his fiscal plans there was nothing in it to cover the building of the wall. This fiscal plan was approved by Congress. The new funding has not.

I think only one losing their shit is you. Great entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imagine walking thousands of miles to the 3,145 kilometre boarder only to reach it at the point that has 88kms of wall.

What a devastating walk back to your home country, that would be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You say this every single time your pro-Trump drivel is debunked. And it is drivel.

If I get voted in by saying "free sports cars for everyone and the state won't be paying", but then I get in and immediately try dipping into the public purse to pay for it, I'd expect the opposition to say no. Why are you so stupid that you can't see that the same thing applies to Donald Trump?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You say this every single time your pro-Trump drivel is debunked. And it is drivel.

If I get voted in by saying "free sports cars for everyone and the state won't be paying", but then I get in and immediately try dipping into the public purse to pay for it, I'd expect the opposition to say no. Why are you so stupid that you can't see that the same thing applies to Donald Trump?

Or free Magic Unicorns for all in the sunny uplands post Brexit? Similar?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The polls suggest that only about 30% of the population support his using federal funds for the wall and that's before he declared a state of national emergency, something even some Republicans are uneasy about.

He may well get some of the wall built but the signs are that it's far from being a vote winner.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The US Mexico border is about 2000 miles long. The cost of building a wall along that whole length would be far higher than the $5billion dollars trump said it would cost. The bloke is bonkers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The polls suggest that only about 30% of the population support his using federal funds for the wall and that's before he declared a state of national emergency, something even some Republicans are uneasy about.

He may well get some of the wall built but the signs are that it's far from being a vote winner.

He often references the drugs that are coming in to the US as a major reason to build the wall, what will happen if the drugs don't get in any more ? Going to be some VERY pissed off people there.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well. When Trump has gone, there is going to be some tinkering of the presidential powers I think. He is plainly not acting in good faith. Does anybody really consider this meets 'emergency' criteria?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
BBC America saying Republicans are now worried that Trump may have shot himself in the foot. His action could allow the Democrats, when they eventually get back into power, to call a similar "State of Emergency" to fund climate control, gun control etc. as he has now set a precedent by this action.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Don't forget when Australia lose, they're not really into that sport!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here