Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And still no mention of France?

It really is astonishing how few Americans are aware of their completely decisive role in that war.
The French " Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey's? "

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He's apparently also talking about 2 very different battles 20 odd years apart.

“Going to war without the French is like climbing Everest without your Piano.”

Norman Schwarzkopf.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
But looking at the positives that segment contains more humour than a whole series of Miranda

A big lump of knob cheese contains more humour than a whole series of Miranda.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was in Brest last week for the commemoration of over 1300 French sailors killed by us in 1940, at Mers-el-Kebir because they wouldn't surrender.

I was coming at that from the American angle though. I know of the tragedy there, it was one of those terrible decisions that have to be made in times of war in which ordinary people suffer the most.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Outside the White House on Friday, Mr Trump said: "I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter.

"I knew the speech very well so I was able to do it without a teleprompter but the teleprompter did go out and it was actually hard to look at anyway because there was rain all over it."

Amazing:lolol:

So, he blames the rain for putting the line about airports in.....

But then he says he knew the speech very well anyway so wouldn't need the teleprompter.....

But then says he was struggling to read the telelprompter through the rain.....

He is the FUNNIEST human

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Outside the White House on Friday, Mr Trump said: "I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter.

"I knew the speech very well so I was able to do it without a teleprompter but the teleprompter did go out and it was actually hard to look at anyway because there was rain all over it."

But then he says he knew the speech very well anyway so wouldn't need the teleprompter.....

He is the FUNNIEST human

It's genuinely sad that, as an American, brought up on the glorious history of the United States, he can't string together a few coherent sentences about his own country.

And to think we thought it was bad when John Redwood MP tried to sing along to the Welsh National Anthem and failed miserably !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He is the FUNNIEST human

It's not just the line about airports, the star spangled banner didn't exist until 1814, and Fort McHenry wasn't built at that time either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A big lump of knob cheese contains more humour than a whole series of Miranda.

A less indelicate way of putting it would have been to invoke the contents of your eye (aqueous humour), but I can't disagree with the general gist :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48912797

This could be bad news for Donny, and a lot of others on all sides of the political spectrum, not to mention Prince Andrew.

Wealthy US financier and friend of the powerful, Jeffrey Epstein, has been formally charged in New York with running "a vast network" of underage girls for sex.

The indictment alleges he enticed minors to visit his Manhattan and Florida mansions between 2002 and 2005.

According to the charges, the girls, some as young as 14, were given hundreds of dollars for sex acts.

Epstein is expected to plead not guilty to the charges.

He faces one count of sex trafficking and one of sex trafficking conspiracy.

The 66-year-old hedge fund manager was arrested on Saturday at Teterboro Airport after arriving from France on his private jet.

He is due to appear in court. Reports suggest he could remain in custody until a bail hearing on Thursday.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48912797

This could be bad news for Donny, and a lot of others on all sides of the political spectrum, not to mention Prince Andrew.

Indeed, although he'll spin it as hard as possible that Epstein is/was a friend of the Clintons. However, from the Failing New York Times:

Mr. Trump told New York magazine in 2002 that Mr. Epstein was a “terrific guy” whom he had known for 15 years.

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” the president said at the time. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed, although he'll spin it as hard as possible that Epstein is/was a friend of the Clintons. However, from the Failing New York Times:

Mr. Trump told New York magazine in 2002 that Mr. Epstein was a “terrific guy” whom he had known for 15 years.

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” the president said at the time. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Fake News ! But, seriously that last line might well come back to bite him !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Amazing scenes this morning after Trump responds to the UK ambassadors assessment that the president is " inept, dysfunctional and radiating insecurity " by....being inept, dysfunctional and radiating insecurity!

Apparently Trump could have sorted Brexit but no one listened to him! Absolute classic!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's hard to tell what will eventually stick to Donny and finally bring him down.

It's as if he gets away with it because there is just so much that on it's own would have brought down any major politician outside of a dictator state, or perhaps Italy, that no-one quite knows what to focus on. He is the political Sepp Blatter. You think that surely this does eventually tear him down, but he rides out so many 5h1tstorms, that it's hard to see exactly what will take him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here