Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are what you make of yourself!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The big lesson I have learned in my years is that what other people/teams think of you is not nearly as important as what you feel about yourself/your team. Leicester certainly proved that. If we feel that as a team playing well as a team the Albion can beat any team in the PL any day of the week. The players on our current team are just as capable of defeating the upper level of the PL as any team.

You are what you make of yourself!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's taking the team spirit thing too far.

The LCFC squad that won the PL cost £69m and an annual payroll cost of £80m (both 3 or 4 times ours?) with immense pace in several positions and talents such as Mahrez, Vardy and Kante.

In my opinion, our CURRENT team would have a very low to nil chance of beating any of the PL top 7, Leicester, Bournemouth or West Ham.

Hopefully quality summer signings, with the team spirit, will change that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a chicken and egg situation-day in day out week in week out year in year out is what sorts the wheat from the chaff,the cream from the milk and so forth.....i have no doubt we could beat the best 1 attempt in 10 but no amount of team spirit will win the other 9 IF,they equal that spirit.

Funnily enough team spirit got us here,it may well help keep us here yet no amount of new talent or better technical players will keep us here unless they show passion and desire.

The Leicester situation showed that it can be done and then spectacularly undone,it's all a balance and is one of the main reasons why i wish us not to go too mad and start ripping the side apart.

A few additions here and there will do and a little lowering of our expectations along the way too.

Last edited:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Thinking about the size of the challenge ahead makes my head hurt - so I will leave it to Chris and Tony to work it all out.

They have been pretty good at this football malarky so far.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
That's taking the team spirit thing too far.

The LCFC squad that won the PL cost £69m and an annual payroll cost of £80m (both 3 or 4 times ours?) with immense pace in several positions and talents such as Mahrez, Vardy and Kante.

In my opinion, our CURRENT team would have a very low to nil chance of beating any of the PL top 7, Leicester, Bournemouth or West Ham.

Hopefully quality summer signings, with the team spirit, will change that.

That is you putting limits on yourself and causing the result. Just like not expecting perfection on payroll. What you actually believe is what you get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here