Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain DeFoe

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He scores goals, and his middle name is Colin.

What's not to like?

I think he'd be great on a 1 year rolling contract. Bags of experience, and he can help the youngsters too.

If Moyes had his way, could you imagine the damage he'd do in the Championship!

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't anyone delude themselves. We cannot afford his wages. Just accept it. It's not happening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Football rumours Portsmouth are going to sign Defoe for £2m as he is on a free transfer I would assume that is his signing on fee. As if he would join them having just been picked for England again after a long break.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
According to Football rumours Portsmouth are going to sign Defoe for £2m as he is on a free transfer I would assume that is his signing on fee. As if he would join them having just been picked for England again after a long break.

Why?

Why are you still even looking at that site?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'd imagine we'd be interested in him, as would about a dozen other PL clubs (how good does it sound to put ourselves in that bracket!). Realistically, West Ham, Palace and Bournemouth are the most likely destinations for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd imagine we'd be interested in him, as would about a dozen other PL clubs (how good does it sound to put ourselves in that bracket!). Realistically, West Ham, Palace and Bournemouth are the most likely destinations for him.

West Ham, OK, Palace, maybe, at a push - but Bournemouth? Why? We'll both have PL TV money to splash about, and we've got a bigger and better ground than B'mth, bigger and better training facilities, we daw bigger crowds - and we are nearer London. Not saying we will pay enough to get Defoe, but I still don't see why he'd be more likely to go to B'mth - it can't be that wonderful; after all, Murray chose to come here rather than stay there...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here