Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Due to Elis' marketing campaign I've started watching 'Elis James: Football Nation'.

It's very good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We finished watching 'Time' last night.

Jimmy McGovern TV is just wonderful...Sean Bean and Stephen Graham are both superb.

I am never, ever going to prison.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All series of Spiral, the brilliant police drama based in Paris, are available on iplayer.

(Much loved on nsc).

The first series was such a long time ago, we can’t recall the outcome, we’ve just started watching it again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We finished watching 'Time' last night.

Jimmy McGovern TV is just wonderful...Sean Bean and Stephen Graham are both superb.

I am never, ever going to prison.

As I said on the 'dangerous driving' thread:-

Oh and this has always been my opinion, but in the wake of 'Time' on BBC1, I'll reiterate,

I'm not saying 'pah 2 years I could do that standing on my head'.

I couldn't, I absolutely couldn't, I know full well I wouldn't even make it to the first play time.
2 years (1 year, 1 Christmas, possibly no Easter's missed! ) is terrifying.

That's not the point I'm making.
My point is 2 years v an entire life, plus family, changed by the actions of a man who was 'too stoned to brake' - really doesn't feel like justice.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Based on the acclaimed novel by Ian McGuire, the five-part series tells the story of Patrick Sumner (O’Connell), a disgraced ex-army surgeon who signs up as ship’s doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic. But the ferocity of the elements is matched by the violence of his crewmates, with Drax (Farrell), a harpooner and distinctly brutal force of nature.

As the true purpose of the expedition becomes clear, a confrontation between the two men erupts, taking them on a journey far from solid ground and beyond the safe moorings of civilisation.

The North Water will air on the channel in five 60-minute, parts and stars (the brilliant) Stephen Graham, Jack O’Connell and Colin Farrell (among others).

in-the-north-cast-f13fd2b.jpg

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Based on the acclaimed novel by Ian McGuire, the five-part series tells the story of Patrick Sumner (O’Connell), a disgraced ex-army surgeon who signs up as ship’s doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic. But the ferocity of the elements is matched by the violence of his crewmates, with Drax (Farrell), a harpooner and distinctly brutal force of nature.

As the true purpose of the expedition becomes clear, a confrontation between the two men erupts, taking them on a journey far from solid ground and beyond the safe moorings of civilisation.

The North Water will air on the channel in five 60-minute, parts and stars (the brilliant) Stephen Graham, Jack O’Connell and Colin Farrell (among others).

View attachment 137921
When please ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Storyville had a new 8 part documentary series Philly DA. A documentary about a defined lawyer and civil rights activist who becomes District Attorney. First rostered was excellent

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Storyville had a new 8 part documentary series Philly DA. A documentary about a defined lawyer and civil rights activist who becomes District Attorney. First rostered was excellent

That was "defence lawyer" and "first episode" .I will stop posting while on work calls

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just had a look at what films are on IPlayer, and they have:-

I'm sure it's appalling and has aged very badly, but come on!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Arena: Delia Derbyshire - The Myths and the Legendary Tapes

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

View attachment 137921

Wow, this is good.

Only two episodes in, steady pace but solid acting.

Get hold of it if you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here