Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gregory's Girl has been added to IPlayer - still so funny.

Also, Queen of Katwee, a great film for most of the family.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
BBC Sounds - Bunkbeds. A really great series. Hard to explain but everyone I have recommended it to has been hooked.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Once upon a time in Iraq.
Just shows how disastrous that war was and it created Isis. Under Saddam (certainly not perfect) there wasn't much sectarianism until western style democracy was introduced.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I envy those who haven't seen it, now's your chance to see one of the very best.

The Killing is, imho, up there with The Bridge and Spiral.

Series 1 consists of 20 episodes over 20 days. Troels Hartmann, a politician, is in the midst of a hard-fought mayoral campaign when evidence links him to the murder. The girl’s family and friends struggle to cope with their loss. Suspect upon suspect is sought out as violence and political pressures cast their shadows over the hunt for the killer.

Brilliant TV, on Four from 1st May.

You won't regret it.

250px-Forbrydelsen,_DVD.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Series 3 of the (revamped) thriller Den som Dræber (Danish) appears on BBC 4 this Saturday.

Series 1, with the gorgeous Laura Bach, is well worth a view if you can find it.

LB1.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
From the makers of Line of Duty (well we need something to replace it), with a good cast including DS Arnott and Suranne Jones.

Looks well worth a plug, hope it doesn't sink without trace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Westworld is in the film section - noice.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
From the makers of Line of Duty (well we need something to replace it), with a good cast including DS Arnott and Suranne Jones.

Looks well worth a plug, hope it doesn't sink without trace.

Obviously a few of us Bubble heads on here will be watching and ready to pull it apart at every chance

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
OMFG. Emma’s dad in Bates Motel, played by Scouse thespian Ian Harte (not BHA Ian) in S1 is in S3 played by the guy who played the Eastern European psycho in Limitless the film. Awful bit of miscasting. Bring back Hartey!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All the Storyville are excellent but I finally watched When We Were Kings last night. Missed it at the cinema (in 1996/7) brilliant doc on Ali and Rumble in the Jungle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr's gonna be all over this like a rash, oblivious of the track record of British TV comedies moving to the big screen:-

[tweet]1392185234922246147[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a lot lighter than Morse (literally and emotionally) but it's excellent comfort viewing
So, by the sound of it he doesn't get to have to solve and clean up any of the local Cosa Nostra dispatches? No walling up, no woodchipper jobs and no " Swimming with The Fishes "? .. He wouldn't last long at that, a small bomb under his Fiat 127, show cancelled after 4 episodes!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just managed to watch The Hunt for a Killer.

BBC Four has acquired Swedish series, The Hunt For A Killer (Jakten på en mördare), based on a real-life crime.

Set to transmit later this summer, the six-part series is set in the Swedish region of Skåne in the late 1980s and revolves around the real-life disappearance and subsequent murder of a 10 year-old girl. It follows the 16-year investigation into the murder and the determination of the local police force to solve the case.

Sue Deeks, Head of Programme Acquisition, BBC, says: “‘The Hunt For A Killer is a chilling, authentic and evocative true crime drama that BBC viewers will find completely absorbing.”

I enjoyed it, although several elements are quite disturbing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the Storyville are excellent but I finally watched When We Were Kings last night. Missed it at the cinema (in 1996/7) brilliant doc on Ali and Rumble in the Jungle.

An unbelievable omission from you.

I watched the Tonya Harding Storyville with Jnr, tonight.

He huffed and puffed about ice-skating.
Stared at his phone, for the first 20 minutes.

At which point the calendar clicked over to 06.01.94, and I said:-

'now watch this'.

Within 5 minutes he was absolutely riveted to the screen and for the rest of the film, hes now eager to watch I Tonya.

Now that's good storytelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here