Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Adam Chicksen

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if fixtures.

According to a London rag, Charlton are releasing AC.
Quote:
Adam Chicksen is being released by Charlton Athletic.

The left-back joined as a free agent after his release by Brighton last summer and went on to make 25 appearances for the Addicks.

He also played further forward in a wide role and netted in the 5-1 win at Bristol Rovers in November and also in the 3-1 loss to Milton Keynes in the FA Cup.

Charlton boss Karl Robinson said: “Adam is going to move on. We have Lewis Page but we are also looking to bring another left-back in sooner rather than later.

We had to make a decision. Adam always wore his heart on his sleeve for us. I’m sure his career will be fine.”

The Addicks do not have any other of their squad coming out of contract.

When asked if he wished there were more in the final weeks of their deals, Robinson said: “I think you’d always like more out of contract, yeah.

“I’ve made my mind up on some now. There will be a protocol in the summer for them. We gave these contracts out, we’ve got to abide by them.

“We have to stick by them. Whether I think they are of use to us is a decision I can only make over a period of time.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/23949/exclusive-charlton-athletic-release-defender/

Good luck to him!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He can play left-back.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
He was with Karl Robinson at MK Dons.

Sounds like he's burdened with players on contracts he doesn't want.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He was with Karl Robinson at MK Dons.

Sounds like he's burdened with players on contracts he doesn't want.

Which surely makes the move even more bizarre as you'd expect fat Karl to know what he was getting?

Seem to recall him being gutted when Chicksen joined us claiming he'd lost a top top top top player.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Which surely makes the move even more bizarre as you'd expect fat Karl to know what he was getting?

Seem to recall him being gutted when Chicksen joined us claiming he'd lost a top top top top player.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

He was signed by Russell Slade in Aug 2016 - Karl Robinson took over in November 2016.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here