• 50s

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • 70s

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not sure about this at all. A return to the 70s would mean great hairy muffs on women, we're talking Kevin Keegan in a headlock sort of thing and men would all have to look and dress like dodgy Greek waiters and I'm not sure I can go for that. But a return to the 50s would be pointy boobs on women and men smothering their hear with so much grease that their hair would squeak and I'm not too keen on that either.

It's a coundrum for sure. Cast your votes please.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The seventies for me.
I am old enough to remember the post war austerity still lingering around well into the fifties.
Boring, straight -laced times, girls expected to grow into their mothers before time, a real generation gap, Sundays unbearably dull, real poverty. I could go on.
Generally had a laugh in the seventies, but I suppose I was in my 'young man prime' then.
No contest!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would come down to music for me and the 70s was a pretty special time imho. I vote 70s.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
1970's: Fiona Fullerton in Men Only, James Hunt F1 World Champion, Barry Sheene 500cc World Champion. Me getting fingers & tops from Lindsey Brown. Happy Days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1970's: Fiona Fullerton in Men Only, James Hunt F1 World Champion, Barry Sheene 500cc World Champion. Me getting fingers & tops from Lindsey Brown. Happy Days.

Good points, well made. Put like this, the 70s is an easy sell.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this about Labour?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Slade and Suzi Quatro...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's got to be the 70s, this is when I first started watching the Albion, great memories going to The Goldstone.
Also the music, i was a bit young to appreciate music for most of the seventies, but I started buying records when punk came along.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But the 70s would have you looking like this right ponce.

2d0066s.jpg

Whereas all men dressed like Cary Grant and pulled Audrey Hepburn in the 50s.

24uxaqd.jpg

Seriously, which would you choose?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Got to be the 70's - firstly I was born at the beginning of them. Then we have the music and The Stud movie. Finally we have 1979 and it took 34 years to get back to there !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The 50's for me; we'd have a World Cup win to look forward to and Albion playing in a proper kit. Blue with white sleeves instead of tinpot stripes!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Albion playing in a proper kit. Blue with white sleeves instead of tinpot stripes!

Albion didn't adopt the blue with white sleeves kit until the 1964/65 season - they wore it for just six seasons. We've been in stripes pretty much our entire history

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Always be pleased to see the Linda McCartney tribute act of Legs n Co, again.
And of course all that cheesy disco tunes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here