Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bicycle shops in/around Eastbourne

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can anyone recommend a bike shop in/around Eastbourne ? My boy wants to get a mountain bike but isn't sure what he needs so wants to have a look and speak to someone knowledgeable*. His budget is £300-500ish.

*so not Halfords

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can anyone recommend a bike shop in/around Eastbourne ? My boy wants to get a mountain bike but isn't sure what he needs so wants to have a look and speak to someone knowledgeable*. His budget is £300-500ish.

*so not Halfords

Never used them myself but Cycleman have been in Hampden Park since I was a kid so they can't be that bad.

http://cyclemaneastbourne.co.uk/

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Phoenix Cycles in Seaside Road have been around since God's dog was a puppy, and I've never heard a bad word about them. I'd go there. I've had a couple of bikes serviced and/or repaired there - and although it's a bit "Arkwrights" in the way it's run, it has good staff who are all keen cyclists and know their stuff.

The bloke in Hampen Park, just off the high street, is a bit of a plum - so I'd avoid him. Never heard anything but moans about him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

*so not Halfords

Does he actually need a mountain bike?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Looks like I need ignoring then.

Not necessarily - he could be a wonderful bloke. I went in there once, to buy a seat post. He sold me the wrong one, then wouldn't take it back... One of those things. I didn't sulk (it was only a tenner) - but after mentioning it to a few people they all started with the moans and whinges about him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not necessarily - he could be a wonderful bloke. I went in there once, to buy a seat post. He sold me the wrong one, then wouldn't take it back... One of those things. I didn't sulk (it was only a tenner) - but after mentioning it to a few people they all started with the moans and whinges about him.
Couldn't say one way or the other as I'm not sure I've ever been there but along with the Bake And Take, it is one of the very few shops in Hampden Park to be unchanged since I was a kid. And we are talking the days of Fine Fare!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Does he actually need a mountain bike?

Dunno. He wants to go to the country, ride around a bit and come home. Doesn't fancy riding on the road.

That's why we're going to a proper shop to get proper advice.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We've bought a couple of bikes from Cycle Tech, which is in Westham near the railway station.

Nice selection of new and reconditioned bikes sold by a very helpful and non-pushy guy at reasonable prices. I'd recommend taking a look over there.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Kontour cycles Polegate , the guys in there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Adam at Kontour in Polegate or Guy at CycleTech next to Westham Station are your best bets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here