Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed Brighton shirt for charity

Oldland Glover

May 10, 2017
Hi all,

Hope the mods are okay with me posting this here (if not, please move it to where it should be...) :D

My name is Martin and I work for Yeovil Town Football Club along with my twin sons aged 16. Last month, we visited all 92 Premier & Nationwide League grounds collecting signed memorabilia to auction off upon our return. Had some fantastic times during the two weeks we were away, memories to last a lifetime. Watched twelve matches, met loads of ex-Yeovil players and collected about fifty items for the two charities - the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the Adam Stansfield Foundation. If you want to read more, our website is at http://www.4-2-3-1.org

We have a signed Brighton shirt available to bid on, courtesy of a friend of mine, Ben Roberts who is your goalkeeping coach. I worked with Ben at Yeovil Town a few years back and he kindly sent me down a shirt as he was away on the day we visited the AMEX. The shirt is now on eBay until 9pm on Sunday evening and with your (well deserved) promotion now confirmed, we hope it will make a decent amount so please feel free to bid.

https://tinyurl.com/k5sbdb7

Finally, many congratulations on your promotion to the Premier League. It must seem like a different era that you were welcoming clubs like Yeovil to the Withdean in front of a few thousand. Strange how things have gone since those days for our clubs, but no jealousy here, just best wishes for a cracking season next year.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Might help you raise a bit more if you posted a link to the eBay page. [emoji106]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Finally, many congratulations on your promotion to the Premier League. It must seem like a different era that you were welcoming clubs like Yeovil to the Withdean in front of a few thousand. Strange how things have gone since those days for our clubs, but no jealousy here, just best wishes for a cracking season next year.

Thank you for the congratulations.
It seemed like a different era to me watching Brighton V Yeovil at a converted athletics stadium, when 25 years before that Brighton were in Division 1 ( now premier league ) playing in front of nearly 30,000, and Yeovil were a non league team.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Weird. I guess it's something to do with the URL (perhaps not starting www ??)...
Could be.

I've just looked on the desktop NSC and the link is right there as you say, but on Tapatalk the post stops just before it and neither it nor the rest of the post after it are visible.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Could be.

I've just looked on the desktop NSC and the link is right there as you say, but on Tapatalk the post stops just before it and neither it nor the rest of the post after it are visible.

If the text after the second link is missing too, perhaps it's just a limit on the number of characters that Tapatalk displays? :shrug:

Anyway - good luck with the auction, OP, and thanks for the congratulations - they're appreciated.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Can someone post the item number so I can find it on the app?

Oldland Glover

May 10, 2017
Just a sneaky bump on this one...

There are fifteen signatures on it in total, some have numbers by them. Going by this, and looking online at their autographs... then the following players have signed...

Tomer Hemed, Casper Ankergren, Richie Towell, Connor Goldson, Jamie Murphy, Liam Rosenior, Dale Stephens, Jiri Skalak, David Stockdale, Sam Baldock and Steve Sidwell.

I'm not sure whether Murray, Knockaert and Bruno have signed it... there are four unidentified ones left.

Oldland Glover

May 10, 2017
Final post before I disappear into the ether.

Shirt was auctioned in the end for £127, which I'm pleased with to be honest. Not sure if it went to anyone on here but thanks to the mods for keeping it on here, much obliged.

As before, all good wishes to you and yours for an exciting season starting in August. Happy days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here