Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will we playing on the boxing day fixture?

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
It will be a local-ish (eg southern) team, as the PL make their one and only concession to the normal football supporter on Boxing Day and give everyone a minimal-travel game.

It will be one of the London clubs but not Palace (too high profile, a game that would sell itself any other time). Maybe Bournemouth or Southampton but much more likely to be a London club.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hull City or Stoke. Guaranteed. And whichever of those two we don't play on Boxing Day we'll play last match of the season.

Not wrong there, the last away of the season is never local. I just know it's going to be Stoke.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not wrong there, the last away of the season is never local. I just know it's going to be Stoke.

Not just 'not local' but uninspiring too. Hull, Donny, Swindon, Walsall, Barnsley...just some of the early kick off, last match away days I've dragged my lardy arse to.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We won't be playing Boxing Day as Sky or BT will move the to Wednesday 27th 8pm. It will also be Burnley away

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Palace home will be a Sunday afternoon match nailed on.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't forget there are six games to squeeze in...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38497382

Wasnt aware of that.

So basically 16% of the seasons fixtures in thus short period.
Not great news for any team that gets injuries in this period as players will miss more games than if injured at other times in the season.

But great news for any supporter who happens to live in, say, the States, whose only chance to see the team live is when he (or she) comes back at Christmas! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here