Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex factor

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Should i be concerned,that are our vastly increased Amex fan base,are NOT premier league ready,and will turn against the team and management ,next season after a run of defeats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It won't really matter what a few nimrods sing we'll be outsung by every visiting team next season, as those fans will be just as annoyed by their own silent stadiums.
It's even more likely after half a dozen Blackburn fans did pretty much that back in April.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I think a large proportion of the new Amex fanbase have already experienced a run of defeats (and worrying times) under Hyppia so hopefully won't sh*t themselves when the struggle gets real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I brought this up after our away defeat to Forest and seem to remember getting FLAMED!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You'll always get 'voyeurs' at grounds who are just there "to say they've been there.." whilst taking shed loads of selfies and commenting on how nice the other teams kit looks.

I love the atmosphere at the Amex, winning or losing. May it never change.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We'll always beat the away fans as we can sing 3 songs to their 1 at any one time.

WIth regards to 'staying power', I think we have enough fans having been through the mill.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Should i be concerned,that are our vastly increased Amex fan base,are NOT premier league ready,and will turn against the team and management ,next season after a run of defeats.

You should be more concerned by your inability to use punctuation...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i believe the bulk of fans will stay behind the team and manager as long as they are putting the effort and heart in to it. though yes, that wasnt enough for the plums who didnt rate Barnes, or expect Baldock to be scoring 20 a year.

so having said that, Hughton does need to adopt a more positive approach at home at least, and extend that to bringing in some players who can offer a difference.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Visiting fans will all be bladdered at Brighton station waiting for the train.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Football is about highs and lows. Don't know any club,players or managers on the whole that don't get all the praise when winning, then scapegoated when losing. Fans invest a lot in their football club, for some more then their marriages or relationships. When it goes wrong,they will always look for someone to blame, the starting point being the ref/ linesman so on and so on. The ones that don't moan about the team will moan about queues,pies, stewards, transport, fellow fans and anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Vastly?
We've averaged 26/28k in a capacity of 30,750 for quiet a few years now.....How many of these types do you think we'll have next season ????

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here