Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just to complete the disapointmen

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Man wins £60,000 as Jack Grealish goal seals accumulator.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39870279

An 89th-minute Aston Villa goal that put Newcastle United top of the Championship has won a football fan £60,000.

In a £10 bet the man, from the Scottish Borders, chose seven league winners.

Jessica Bridge from bookmakers Ladbrokes said accumulator bets "normally come agonisingly close but hit the crossbar in extra time".

"Our customer now has 60,000 reasons to thank Jack Grealish for his vital goal last weekend," she said.

The man, who is in his 50s but did not want to be named, placed the bet before the start of the season.

The sevenfold accumulator bet was placed before the season started

The sevenfold accumulator - which would only pay out if all the predictions were correct - earned him £60,734.38.

In order for the bet to succeed, Newcastle had to better Brighton and Hove Albion's result on Sunday during the final Championship games of the season.

Grealish's late equaliser against Brighton ensured the bet was a winner, with Newcastle beating Barnsley 3-0.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He should probably be thanking David Stockdale too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man wins £60,000 as Jack Grealish goal seals accumulator.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39870279

An 89th-minute Aston Villa goal that put Newcastle United top of the Championship has won a football fan £60,000.

In a £10 bet the man, from the Scottish Borders, chose seven league winners.

Jessica Bridge from bookmakers Ladbrokes said accumulator bets "normally come agonisingly close but hit the crossbar in extra time".

"Our customer now has 60,000 reasons to thank Jack Grealish for his vital goal last weekend," she said.

The man, who is in his 50s but did not want to be named, placed the bet before the start of the season.

The sevenfold accumulator bet was placed before the season started

The sevenfold accumulator - which would only pay out if all the predictions were correct - earned him £60,734.38.

In order for the bet to succeed, Newcastle had to better Brighton and Hove Albion's result on Sunday during the final Championship games of the season.

Grealish's late equaliser against Brighton ensured the bet was a winner, with Newcastle beating Barnsley 3-0.

:shrug:

Good on him.

that

Not sure how that has any impact on my feelings of disappointment? Anyway, well done him.

that

Bookies lose. What's not to like?

this

He should probably be thanking David Stockdale too.

:shrug: and Murray, and Baldock, and Hughton, and everyone who played against Bristol City the week before.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Hmmm....Norwood at Norwich, Murphy up front. Skalak starting v Bristol. No Solly at Villa till it was too late, despite being twice the player Murphy is. Sitting back against 10 men....

Suddenly it all makes sense. ???

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Well, so what? He made money , his bet cost us nothing ....
I was gutted at the final whistle but now I am over it ... We ARE Premier League !
Is your glass half empty or still half full ? Roll on the new season .

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it was actually my one consulation knowing that Newcastle winning the league formed a part of a great many gamblers four league wins accumulators...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am I the only one that doesn't see that as a Stockdale howler? It wasn't his finest hour but he must've thought our defender might have got some sort of touch on that shot..........

.....just me then :hilton:

Not a howler....he could have possibly done better, but Dunk flew across right in front of him from what I could see of it, so he was unsighted.

Should never have got to that point. I blame Murray and Baldock for fluffing the golden chance to kill the game at least as much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here