Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub to watch the play-offs in

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm arranging a meet-up for Fulham fans in Brighton to watch the second leg of our play-off semi final against Reading. Any recommendations please? Criteria are good beer and cider in central Brighton. At the moment, the Duke of Wellington, Upper Gloucester Road, and the King and Queen are the most likely, but I've not watched sport in either and haven't stepped foot inside the K+Q for 3 decades.
Ta.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
King and Queen still my favourite. Went there for the Boro game at the end of last season, and despite the disappointing result, still a great atmosphere, lots of fun.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm arranging a meet-up for Fulham fans in Brighton to watch the second leg of our play-off semi final against Reading. Any recommendations please? Criteria are good beer and cider in central Brighton. At the moment, the Duke of Wellington, Upper Gloucester Road, and the King and Queen are the most likely, but I've not watched sport in either and haven't stepped foot inside the K+Q for 3 decades.
Ta.

Personally I think K&Q is the best pub in Brighton for watching football. Central location, huge screens at either end, plus a few smaller screens dotted around, makes it almost impossible to not see what is going on. Decent beer & lager selection (can't confirm cider wise), and reasonable prices. Good choices of standard pub food (burgers etc..) If anyone was planning to eat.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ta.

I hope you meet up and have a good result, would like to see you reach the Prem, and another good day out for us.
I also shoved a couple of quid on you making the Prem, that was a few weeks ago.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
King and Queen is always your best bet to watch the game. Massive projector screens and always fairly busy.
If it is a small group, I am always quite fond of watching games at The Eddy just up the road from the Duke of Wellington, they've got four TVs and will normally stick the sound on through the pub if you ask.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I hope you meet up and have a good result, would like to see you reach the Prem, and another good day out for us.
I also shoved a couple of quid on you making the Prem, that was a few weeks ago.
Thanks (and to everyone making recommendations). The results of the poll on here (70% wanted us to go up) were pretty conclusive. I hope you collect your winnings (although the majority of Fulham fans are pretty ambivalent about going up this season). I thought we'd finish 10th-16th this season so we've exceeded expectations of most.
We actually normally meet up in the Basketmakers but there's no telly there.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
King and Queen is always your best bet to watch the game. Massive projector screens and always fairly busy.
If it is a small group, I am always quite fond of watching games at The Eddy just up the road from the Duke of Wellington, they've got four TVs and will normally stick the sound on through the pub if you ask.

Thanks - we did actually watch an awful loss against Brentford in the Eddy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ta.
K n Q hasn't changed for 3 decades 😂

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
King and Queen is comfortably the biggest/easiest but often has it's fair share of utter c**ts sadly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good luck tomorrow, 3-0 should be enough. Just avoid penalties.

I'm convinced, that after missing something like 8 of 11 penalties this season, in their league matches, that Fulham are going to win the final at Wembley on pens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here