Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is no doubt we need a right footed player in the starting 11 who can take a decent set piece.

I hate seeing Knockaert take them from both sides, I remember at least 3 or 4 where the ball has gone directly out of play ... drives me mad

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
On the subject of corners can we please stop letting knockhaert take them from the left. Numerous times this season we've wasted chances by him curling the ball out before it hits the box. No need, especially next season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
14% of goal scored in PL from corners .

That's weird bearing in mind statistics before have said about 2%.

That says that 14% OF GOALS SCORED, are scored from corners. If the previous stats you refer to were that only a small % OF CORNERS lead to goals, the two are not mutually exclusive.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
There is no doubt we need a right footed player in the starting 11 who can take a decent set piece.

I hate seeing Knockaert take them from both sides, I remember at least 3 or 4 where the ball has gone directly out of play ... drives me mad

Is my mind playing tricks, or has Stephens taken some in the past (not recently)?

Would imagine CH prefers him on the edge of the box for a crack at goal/prevent a counter attack though.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
On the subject of corners can we please stop letting knockhaert take them from the left. Numerous times this season we've wasted chances by him curling the ball out before it hits the box. No need, especially next season.

I'd second that. It drives me nuts. Complete waste.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I stand to be corrected, but I think I heard recently we only scored 4 goals from corners this season which is 5.4% of our 74 goals.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That says that 14% OF GOALS SCORED, are scored from corners. If the previous stats you refer to were that only a small % OF CORNERS lead to goals, the two are not mutually exclusive.

I don't refer to any other stats. Another poster pointed out that 2% of corners lead to goals. I have no idea whether that is true, but was surprised that as many as 14% of goals are from corners

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here