Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer spending

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was thinking about this in the last few hours and hadn't really considered it up until now.

My figure was around £20m max on five ins. I'm also thinking we'll take a couple of loans.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
30-35m

5 recruits - GK (westwood), LB (friend), CM (cairney), Winger (ince), Striker (continental superstar)

2 loans - FB cover (tomori), Striker (abraham)

Yes I mainly watch Championship football. :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
30-35m

5 recruits - GK (westwood), LB (friend), CM (cairney), Winger (ince), Striker (continental superstar)

2 loans - FB cover (tomori), Striker (abraham)

Yes I mainly watch Championship football. :shrug:

Had a similar conversation with my brother, who rattled off a list of known players - me, I am more of the opinion our signings will be more like "who?" and will as likely as not come from abroad...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cairney £10m
David Marshall £2.5m
Shane Long £7m

Pocognoli Free
Sidwell Free

Abraham Loan
Tomori Loan

Plus possibly a winger.

Of course when you say free you mean no fee to another club just a shit high signing on fee !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Spending by PL clubs 2015/16 on new players

PL Player Additions 2015-16.JPG
Championship 2016 Player Additions.JPG

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
At a guess, in all, about £35m I reckon. Always be difficult to see what with sign-on fees and undiscloseds.

One thing for sure, TB won't risk the future by going bananas on past it journeymen carrying attitude and seeking a last payday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, that's an indication of how spending doesn't always equate with success: two of the eight biggest spenders got relegated and 14th biggest won the league. Oh, and the three who spent the least all survived.

Yes but all three who spent the least had been in the Premier League for a few years and possibly spent far more in the years before building up the squad. I cannot see us staying up if we spend what the bottom three in that chart spent because we need a few upgrades and at least two of the most expensive types of player- forwards.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
I think it will be around £25m - £40m mark with £15m-£20m as back up for January if needed, possibly on a about 4-5 key players and a possible loan or two.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
40-50 million

Just cannot see TB putting all that effort into getting up and not giving it a real good go at staying there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here