Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was there

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
These players will go down in history,like Horton ,Ward and i bet most of you can name the rest.I went to Norwich and Villa.As well as QPR,Fulham,Brentford.Norwich we were still on a high,And Villa when we scored the penalty,wow.Alright we got a Merc instead of a porsche,but seasons like this only come round once or twice in a lifetime.When my grandchildren say were you there in 10-15 years time ,i will say yes i was.I will also be there Sunday to soak up the atmosphere that has helped the team to the Premier League for the first time ever:albion2:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
These players will go down in history,like Horton ,Ward and i bet most of you can name the rest.I went to Norwich and Villa.As well as QPR,Fulham,Brentford.Norwich we were still on a high,And Villa when we scored the penalty,wow.Alright we got a Merc instead of a porsche,but seasons like this only come round once or twice in a lifetime.When my grandchildren say were you there in 10-15 years time ,i will say yes i was.I will also be there Sunday to soak up the atmosphere that has helped the team to the Premier League for the first time ever:albion2:

You went to Norwich twice? Mental that!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Premier League for the first time ever:albion2:

Football did not begin in 1992 . . . . looking forward to our first ever cup final at all? :ffsparr:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not for me and I was there as well. Fantastic we went up but Villa will be forgotten in a heart beat! Wigan at home however was special!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being at the Wigan game was quite possibly the highlight of the last 20 years for me. Not for the football obviously, it was crap, but the post match shenanigans. Days like that come around once or twice in a lifetime imo.

The first match at Withdean was a bit special too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not for me and I was there as well. Fantastic we went up but Villa will be forgotten in a heart beat! Wigan at home however was special!

This-aside from the fact that Villa will go down in infamy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Grandkids, I was there - at Withdean - when a player with the ball at his feet was tacked by Albion's Phil Stant diving in head-first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Grandkids, I was there - at Withdean - when a player with the ball at his feet was tacked by Albion's Phil Stant diving in head-first.

Grandkids (if you ever arrive), I was there - at Withdean - when Nathan Jones got overtaken by a squirrel bombing down the left wing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Grandkids, I was there - at Withdean - when a bunch of H block stewards wrestled with a pissed and aggressive bloke - and pulled his leg off! Literally. It was a false leg. For a moment time stood still. Stewards stood there transfixed, one holding the leg, wondering WTF just happened and WTF to do next. When they'd recovered their composure, they led the bloke, still effing and blinding (and hopping) away round the running track.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Grandkids, I was there - at Withdean - when a bunch of H block stewards wrestled with a pissed and aggressive bloke - and pulled his leg off! Literally. It was a false leg. For a moment time stood still. Stewards stood there transfixed, one holding the leg, wondering WTF just happened and WTF to do next. When they'd recovered their composure, they led the bloke, still effing and blinding (and hopping) away round the running track.
You're pulling my leg surely?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was there at Priestfield when Valur Gislason, our new midield general on loan from Arsenal, donned the stripes for the first time. How he made a further 6 appearances after that was a mystery to everyone. Utter tripe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It wasn't Stant, it was player we had on loan for a month or so - he only played a few games. I've completely forgotten his name though. Was his surname Thomas?

I was there at Priestfield when Valur Gislason, our new midield general on loan from Arsenal, donned the stripes for the first time. How he made a further 6 appearances after that was a mystery to everyone. Utter tripe.

I was there for that, I remember being excited by a loan player from Arsenal and how bad he was. Comfortably the worst player I've seen play for the Albion - and I saw Ashley Neal and Jonny Dixon.

I was also there when the Hawk got sent off, just a couple of minutes after coming on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was also there when the Hawk got sent off, just a couple of minutes after coming on.

It wasn't even that long was it? There's a wondrous clip somewhere of the Hawk's appearance that day which consisted of one single glorious diagonal run, from the dugout, to the penalty box, to the tunnel, without even breaking stride :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

:lol: :lol: It was absolutely side spittingly hilarious. I started laughing again, as I read your post. I can still visualise it now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here