Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well?

Brighton & Hove Albion's Premier League promotion heroes will be honoured this Sunday afternoon (14th May) with a seafront open-top bus parade.

The parade will begin at the Palace Pier end of Madeira Drive at 5pm, with the bus convoy carrying Albion's players, staff and directors, and Brighton & Hove City Councillors to Hove Lawns and expected to arrive around 6.30pm.

As the parade makes its way along Brighton seafront, for the best view fans are advised to watch live coverage via two large TV screens either side of the stage in Zone A at Hove Lawns.

The crowd at Hove Lawns will be kept entertained via large video screens and parade coverage will begin at 5pm - with video coverage interspersed with live interviews.

Those choosing to join the parade from the Palace Pier, will be directed into Zone B or C on arrival at Hove Lawns - both zones have repeater screens.

On arrival, at approximately 6.30pm, Albion's players and coaching staff will be presented to the crowd, from a specially erected stage.

Fans choosing to remain at Hove Lawns, and watch the parade on the screens ahead of the players' arrival, are strongly advised to:

- arrive early, and be in position for 4pm
- bring their own refreshments for the full duration
- ensure they have adequate clothing and sun protection for changes in weather

Please note those entering Zone A will be restricted to four alcoholic drinks per adult, and no glass bottles or chairs will be permitted.

Hand held pyro and/or flares are not permitted anywhere on site or on the route, and any individuals found to be in possession will face arrest and further bans by the club.

Bag searches will take place on entry to Zone A; to speed up your entry please consider not carrying a bag.

Those wishing sit throughout the event, are advised to bring their own chairs and to use Zones B or C, which will have their own additional big screens. There will also be a disabled viewing area in Zone A, with further information on how to access to follow.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
All these Zones are confusing me :mad:

But the answer is, sadly, no. The late afternoon / evening timing makes it pretty much impossible for me but I hope all who go have a great time, regardless of what Zone they are in.

:albion:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes.

Would have liked it a little earlier in the day, but it'll be a great party.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would appear to have 'picnic tea' on Hove lawns written all over it, it'll be rude not to go.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wanted to go but can't. Weekend in Paris.

Although we are due to land at Gatwick at 1645 Sunday, so you never know.....

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't decide, will do nearer the time

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Son has a football tournament in the morning, and would've popped over there straight after that. But as it's far later in the afternoon than I expected, it is indeed an awkward time so we'll be giving it a miss. Shame really.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would like to have gone but for a wheelchair user who would want a beer it would be one hell of a mission just to look at someone else's backside.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Amazing apathy so far given the season we've had.

How many people saying No would, this time last year, have imagined deciding not to go to a parade if we had been promoted a year later?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The football club is important to me, but obviously not quite as important as it is to many others. I won't be going because there are other things I would prefer to do.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No. Can't really justify spending money on a transatlantic flight.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My family and I were away for the Wigan game. So I feel robbed of a party (although 12 hours of hitting the all inclusive bar did kind of soften the blow)

So will be there with shiny knobs on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here