Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pipeline Talent

dman777

Aug 2, 2011
Obviously we are going to make several signings this summer in order to strengthen our squad for the premier league challenge, but does anyone "more in the know" want to hazard a guess at who will breakthrough from the Academy or U23s to the 1st team like Solly March and Christian Walton?

Given that our problem will be to balance age/experience with youth/speed this must surely be the long term ambition of the club in order to become a staple in the PL and build a pipeline of talent like Southampton have succeeded in doing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
like Solly March and Christian Walton?

Not sure Walton has 'broken through' - and both of those players were brought.

There is a long way to go with our youth set up, don't forget it took Southampton about 10 years to start producing good players.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maguire-Drew has had a brilliant season at Dagenham and Redbridge, going to be interesting to see what happens with him next. Very unlikely to play 1st team, but should get a loan at a good level as a result.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There is a long way to go with our youth set up, don't forget it took Southampton about 10 years to start producing good players.

But certainly doable IMO.
Albion have a switched on owner, CEO and manager, given this with modern stadia and training facilities.
I know that Watford (near me) have a great youth set up, which produces.
So why not us :)

dman777

Aug 2, 2011
Not sure Walton has 'broken through' - and both of those players were brought.

Agreed he hasn't quite broken through but after the season he has had it's not a huge stretch to think he could get a few cup games under his belt next year and back up keeper

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39667940

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
What about the winger Bjordal? He has started every game so far for Goteburg, which must surely be about League 1 standard at least? The only issue is, he is a winger

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Aaron Connolly looks to have a bright future - might be a few years down the line though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agreed he hasn't quite broken through but after the season he has had it's not a huge stretch to think he could get a few cup games under his belt next year and back up keeper

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39667940

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season-long loan to Championship club in the offing.

For me: James Tilley, Jayson Molumby and Jordan MD are the ones to watch.
Rob Hunt & Ben White may well be first team next season if still here.
The club rate Sanchez very highly indeed.

Not convinced anyone else at U23 level will make it. Except Connelly, who has about four years until we see him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here