Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player - The End ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. is that it then ?

My account expired last month and I tried to update it with a new card for the Villa Game.

Doesn't let you and even if you attempt to register as a new user...

We are sorry but this service is no longer available for new subscribers. Please contact player.support@streamamg.com for more details.

Very odd. Effectively (albeit not a bad thing in retrospect) I was effectively unable to pay for commentary.

I can only imagine something is in the pipeline. Unless they have a waiting list.... (no not really)

An automated response from them says this:

Account expired or needs Renewing? - Please log out of your account and visit your club's home page. Click 'Be Part of the Action' ....

Which again takes you to a page which informs you that service is unavailable for new subscribers.

Have I missed an announcement ?

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
.. is that it then ?

My account expired last month and I tried to update it with a new card for the Villa Game.

We are sorry but this service is no longer available for new subscribers. Please contact player.support@streamamg.com for more details.

Very odd. Effectively (albeit not a bad thing in retrospect) I was effectively unable to pay for commentary.

I can only imagine something is in the pipeline. Unless they have a waiting list.... (no not really)

A month ago my subscription expired. I followed the link to re-subscribe via Direct Debit only to find that I couldn't - Seagulls Player - can't re-subscribe

After e-mailing them they told me:-

From now onward and for the rest of the 2016-17 season the EFL Player HD service will only be offering monthly subscriptions going forward. The monthly subscriptions will renew each month as usual and can be cancelled at any time by emailing ourselves. To gain access to PlayerHD you will need to sign up again as a monthly subscriber.

and I was able to do that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A month ago my subscription expired. I followed the link to re-subscribe via Direct Debit only to find that I couldn't - Seagulls Player - can't re-subscribe

After e-mailing them they told me:-

and I was able to do that.

Yeah but it doesn't even allow to join as a new user. Looks like it's gone - interesting what they would have done if we were in the play-offs.

Bit shit you were effectively unable to listen to yesterday. Mine expired just last month.

.. and no communication about the situation from either that company and the club. I'm not gonna lose sleep about it but until the club decide what to do, they won't be getting a penny from me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Because next season is ifollow which is taking over from player I believe it'll be up n running soon but unsure of exact date

I understand totally as we are out of the deal - but effectively the current service was turned off before the end of the season even for existing users if their subscription had expired.

No email or anything.

I've had so much trouble with player over the years it was somewhat true to form that yesterday they didn't allow me to listen :)

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I understand totally as we are out of the deal - but effectively the current service was turned off before the end of the season even for existing users if their subscription had expired.

No email or anything.

I've had so much trouble with player over the years it was somewhat true to form that yesterday they didn't allow me to listen :)
I had an email a couple of weeks back I had a season long pass but believe the service for the last game was free?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had an email a couple of weeks back I had a season long pass but believe the service for the last game was free?

Didn't work for me.

I usually listen via the phone. That's was first alerted me,

Just bought a new one and attempted to download the Android app..

.. it's been removed from the Android store :)

I understand everything has effectively now changed - but all ways of listen to the game outside of the area was effectively removed prior to the game unless you had an active account and software.

I had an automated email saying my account hadn't renewed because I've got a new card. I effectively ignored it thinking I would update it nearer the game.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Didn't work for me.

I usually listen via the phone. That's was first alerted me,

Just bought a new one and attempted to download the Android app..

.. it's been removed from the Android store :)

I understand everything has effectively now changed - but all ways of listen to the game outside of the area was effectively removed prior to the game unless you had an active account and software.

I had an automated email saying my account hadn't renewed because I've got a new card. I effectively ignored it thinking I would update it nearer the game.

That was a bit shit of them then did you not try to stream the game? That would've solved the issue for the end of season

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill

Said email - "EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Brighton & Hove Albion. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Said email - "EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Brighton & Hove Albion. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow."
That's a bit generic I think. No obligation for even Football League clubs to join and a question on Ask The Club suggests a decision hasnt been made.

Looks like anyone without an active subscription ( or account ) is in limbo.

Just tried again to play a random video. Try to resubscrible and it tells you no resubscriptions are allow the moment.

How very, very, football league [emoji1]

Odd situation, unless they are just about to spin up a new site and it's launch is delayed.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
.. is that it then ?

An automated response from them says this:

Account expired or needs Renewing? - Please log out of your account and visit your club's home page. Click 'Be Part of the Action' ....

Which again takes you to a page which informs you that service is unavailable for new subscribers.

Have I missed an announcement ?

I emailed Paul Barber on this subject of SP, as my subscription expires August this year, received a reply from Paul Camillin, basically saying watch this space, you'll know when we know.
Nothing has been decided as yet.
:shrug:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
This was the e mail I got

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Brighton & Hove Albion. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
- If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

- The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This was the e mail I got

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Brighton & Hove Albion. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

-No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
-At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
-Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

-No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
-You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
-At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
-If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

-The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital
Thanks.

I didn't receive the email.

All I got was a subscription failed to renew email at the of April [emoji1]

Already looking forward to my complimentary month.

.. Again :)

Edit: had the usual quick response from the club to sort out. We are lucky...

Unlike them who've had so many problems over the years with this.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Thanks.

I didn't receive the email.

All I got was a subscription failed to renew email at the of April [emoji1]

Already looking forward to my complimentary month.

.. Again :)

Edit: had the usual quick response from the club to sort out. We are lucky...

Unlike them who've had so many problems over the years with this.

However I did get the e mail before promotion and EFL means English Football League. Not sure if things will have changed now we have been promoted

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Is it dead then? ie. we won't be getting TB/PB/CH season reviews, contract renewals, new signings and other videos in the close season?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is it dead then? ie. we won't be getting TB/PB/CH season reviews, contract renewals, new signings and other videos in the close season?
They (the league) are upgrading the site. Utterly bizarre they started to undertake the work effectively before the season ended.

I'd imagine most unaffected but since my card expired before the game I was locked out on the day.

Really what does anyone expect after the experience we've had with it over the years.

The most telling think is the automated email (now out of date) they send because obviously it must be something YOU are doing.

The only suppory on match days is AFTER the game [emoji1]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here