Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of our Starting XI against Villa will start the first game of the season?

How many players from the game vs Villa will make our starting line up first game next yea

• Total voters

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
How many players do you think will make the starting XI first game of next season (not including friendlies).

The Team VS Villa:

13. Stockdale
2. Bruno
27. Tomori
5. Dunk
12. Pocognoli
11. Knockaert
6. Stephens
14. Sidwell
15. Murphy
9. Baldock
17. Murray

My guess is we'll see 6 - Bruno, Tomori, Dunk, Sidwell, Knockaert, Murray

Yes I know that means re-signing Tomori, but I think we will.

This is basically just a bit of a guessing game, will be interesting to bump come August.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Dunk, Knockaert and possibly Murray.

Tomori will be in the squad but I'm sure Duffy will be back in his stead. Likewise Sidwell will be around but Kayal will be back.

Would love to say Stephens and Stockdale but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
AK needs to sort his sh1t out. Been awful ( and not the fawning 6/10s he gets either) since Wigan.

Uwe (obviously absent) and Baldrick are well up to the job.

March needs to toughen up to become a starter.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've gone for 5, but I hope it isn't that many. There isn't much Premier League quality in our squad, Beram Kayal certainly is. But there aren't many. Lewis Dunk can step up, Knockaert can, Murray has proven it, Dale Stephens has all the class required and Bruno oozes footballing class. He can play in the Premier League comfortably, as can Pocognoli. Solly March has the potential as well but other than those I really think we're going to get rolled over if we keep some of the others.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dunk, Knockaert and possibly Murray.

Tomori will be in the squad but I'm sure Duffy will be back in his stead. Likewise Sidwell will be around but Kayal will be back.

Would love to say Stephens and Stockdale but I doubt it.

Good post. Don't think Kayal will cut it. Gone down hill a fair bit and the PL is a massive step up.

Our current full backs will get destroyed by PL wide men and full backs, where they invariably have immense pace and footballing nous. Opposing managers will video analyse any weakness in match prep (Bruno, age unfortunately has caught with him).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've gone for 5, but I hope it isn't that many. There isn't much Premier League quality in our squad, Beram Kayal certainly is. But there aren't many. Lewis Dunk can step up, Knockaert can, Murray has proven it, Dale Stephens has all the class required and Bruno oozes footballing class. He can play in the Premier League comfortably, as can Pocognoli. Solly March has the potential as well but other than those I really think we're going to get rolled over if we keep some of the others.

I like Pog, but many who watched him thought he was garbage. If exposed against EFL opposition, that doesn't bode well against PL wingers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like Pog, but many who watched him thought he was garbage. If exposed against EFL opposition, that doesn't bode well against PL wingers.

To be fair, I think there are a few that people will wildly disagree on. I think Pocognoli is solid defensively, if a bit casual, but has a lot of class going forward which I think is important. I forgot to mention Rosenior previously, I think he's got an important part to play in the dressing room as much as on the pitch but I don't see us keeping him only as a good influence. I can see him being in the team away from home especially, covering either of the full backs.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nobody?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair, I think there are a few that people will wildly disagree on. I think Pocognoli is solid defensively, if a bit casual, but has a lot of class going forward which I think is important. I forgot to mention Rosenior previously, I think he's got an important part to play in the dressing room as much as on the pitch but I don't see us keeping him only as a good influence. I can see him being in the team away from home especially, covering either of the full backs.

I noticed others saying that Rosenoir will leave, due to age and not PL quality.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Then just look at the threads of previous weeks ..hope that helps

Please point me to a thread that has a poll like this. It is just a bit of fun trying to predict how many of the starting 11 from Sunday will start in August. This thread is a simple poll, it is not about dissecting the squad and seeing who thinks who is PL standard - at least that was not my intention.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here