Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery on Talksport

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Mullers has just phoned in to Talksport from his car to say that anyone criticising Brighton players is talking nonsense - that they have been magnificent!

Couldn't agree more.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hope Neil Custis hasn't been slagging off Brighton players....otherwise he will take offence to that comment.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Andy Jacobs has just said he 'fears' for Brighton next season and followed it up by saying he has seen us twice this season... a rather poor return for a sports 'journalist' considering we have been on the box 16 (sixteen) times.

Best get used to everyone being a BHAFC expert I suppose.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Andy Jacobs has just said he 'fears' for Brighton next season and followed it up by saying he has seen us twice this season... a rather poor return for a sports 'journalist' considering we have been on the box 16 (sixteen) times.

Best get used to everyone being a BHAFC expert I suppose.

He said that ages ago before promotion was confirmed. A lot of 'experts' will be hedging their bets when it comes to an 'unknown quantity' like the Albion, so are bound to come out with stuff like that. Although I wonder if he would have said this if we had won the title?

Mullers has it spot on. Arguably over-achieved considering the squad compared with others in the league and it has been a fantastic achievement. The lads got the job done.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Mullers has just phoned in to Talksport from his car to say that anyone criticising Brighton players is talking nonsense - that they have been magnificent!

Couldn't agree more.

Dean Ashton said the Brighton players had let the fans down by not winning the league. ****ing cockwomble.

Fortunately Matt Scott was on the show and correctly put Ashton and Jim White in their place.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
So they pick the last 3 games to have a go, what about the previous 43 where we have been pretty damn fantastic (in most of them). Who cares what anyone thinks UTA

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's just stupid isn't it. If we had lost 3 extra games over the previous 43......but then won our last 3 and taken the title everyone would say it was brilliant (despite having the same points as we have now)

We timed our form brilliantly......over 43 games! I'm more than happy that our 'mid season collapse' decided to be delayed this year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So they pick the last 3 games to have a go, what about the previous 43 where we have been pretty damn fantastic (in most of them). Who cares what anyone thinks UTA

Mullers was even better - he said the players have kept the team barely outside the top 3 for 92 games.......................against teams like Newcastle with PL budgets. Passionate defence of the lads.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Small margines in football, had March's shot been six inches to the left, or Baldock made a connection from Murray's pass the trophy would have been ours with no complaints about the game, tactics or players post match.

By and large it was a good game of football with all the drama the neutral loves. Every game will be like this next season so we had better get used to it, and maybe that was a good lesson learned yesterday for the fans as much as the players.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Media do the same over and over again. The likes of Andy Jacobs can barely recognise a team outside the top 8 of the Prem, and will automatically expect every team to "struggle" unless it's a team he remembers from the top 8 of the Prem in the last 15 years.

Standard. I bet he said the same of Burnley last year, and Bournemouth the year before. I do love the H&J show, but honestly, write off any opinion Andy has on football in general.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The worst that can be levelled at the players and the club management is that we lost the title at home to Bristol City in what was a poor performance for us. Both Norwich and Villa results were predictable in September.

D

Deleted member 2719

Couldn't agree more.

Which Mullery was it??? The Brighton supporting one or the Spurs supporting one???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get used to everyone having an opinion of us regardless of if they have watched us play.

Every mistake will be magnified 10 fold

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Small margines in football, had March's shot been six inches to the left, or Baldock made a connection from Murray's pass the trophy would have been ours with no complaints about the game, tactics or players post match.

Likewise had Newcastle not scored the fluke of the century against us when they did I'm convinced we would have got at least a draw from that game and we would then have won the title against Wigan

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Likewise had Newcastle not scored the fluke of the century against us when they did I'm convinced we would have got at least a draw from that game and we would then have won the title against Wigan

There were also the other 2 "flukes of the century" against Norwich. There really were some flukey goals scored against us this season. That Newcastle one was extraordinary though.

Get used to everyone having an opinion of us regardless of if they have watched us play.

Every mistake will be magnified 10 fold

Had to walk out the pub the yesterday Marshy, all the Arsenal/Spurs/Man U/Liverpool experts were all telling me how much we'll struggle next year.

You know the ones, never been to see their team play but have a Replica top so consider themselves experts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here