Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W1A seats yesterday - unacceptable

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
So - we bowl up to the ground and see that the fourth big screen
which should have been in front of us in W1A is the one moved to the North Stand.

The view from the seats was therefore sh*t and we had nothing more
than that blo*dy scoreboard screen to look at

Treating fans like sh*t again.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
which should have been in front of us in W1A is the one moved to the North Stand.

You could have always watched a stream on your phone/pc/laptop and stayed at home. But guess you will be there when the big clubs come calling next season, who is your team?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I was in the last block, and the angle wasn't amazing but the view was perfectly adequate.

The screen in front of the North was an entirely different screen, significantly smaller than those in the West line, so you're obviously completely wrong.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Maybe you should have paid £35 + travel to watch a metal box at QPR then you would have something to MOAN about

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Try being at the top of the Doug Ellis stand and paying £30 if you want a bad view

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sat in my normal ST seat and my view of the screen was great. The only downside was the moron sat in what is my brothers normal seat, he was at Villa, and from the first minute he was moaning about our possession and pasing the ball rather than lump it forward every time somebody passed to a team mate behind him the same shout came up. I wonder sometimes about our supporters and their appreciation of the game. I know that we all interperate the game differently and have opinions but that took the biscuit.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Pretty sure there were only meant to be 3 screens in front of the West. The North stand screen was an extra arranged quite late on

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was too close to the screen in the North, which made my eyes a bit fuzzy, so watched on the concourse screen. No complaints really, club did the best they could, I was quite happy stood with a few mates on the concourse.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As has been said, there was only ever supposed to be 3 screens for the west stand, they got an extra 1 in for the North when tickets had sold out in West.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have to agree that it must have been difficult to see much - I was in W1B and wondered how the people low down in W1A were supposed to see anything much.

edit: but given testimony from people who were in there I guess it was OK :)

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Perhaps the club just shouldn't bother with beam backs in the future, just creates the chance of another prawn sandwich moan-fest

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I was impressed with the screens, good clarity etc., just a shame they didn't pipe Warren and JCs commentary into the stadium. Presume it was a contractual thing. I had my earphones so listened to their commentary whilst watching the feed...

My first breakfast pie too... rather nice I thought. Was surprised by the fried egg under the lid - thought it was going to be scrambled, all mixed in with the beans and sausage and stuff...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I hate to tell you now its over, but stewards were quite happy to let fans walk from the West to the North and sit in unsold seats that had a better view. The drinks queue was shorter too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey mate, try a 200 mile round trip, parking, petrol, tickets, burgers and motorway breakfast cost, trust me you didn't do too bad!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Crikey mate, try a 200 mile round trip, parking, petrol, tickets, burgers and motorway breakfast cost, trust me you didn't do too bad!

I did all that* for the BEAMBACK.

*except it was 'only' 150 miles, and I didn't have breakfast.

*or a burger

*and my car's a diesel...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

340 miles from Mid Sussex :whistle: Only benefit of a 12pm Sunday KO was that the traffic going up was BRILLIANT.......oh and I found out that Harry Ramsden's actually do a reasonable full English (black pudding available)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At least it wasn't this one under the girder at Villa Park:

villa.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here