Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we hadn't gone up?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
What series of events would imagine we'd be facing and dealing with?

Possibly the hardest championship ever to get out of?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Playing Sheffield Wednesday again, and the whole squad injured by The Complete And Utter Shysters bad breathe!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly the hardest championship ever to get out of?
Hmmm not so sure about that.

3 of the softest teams coming down.
4 reasonably 'easy' teams currently in the play offs.
Norwich will still be a basketcase.
Villa will have won the division by Christmas.
I think the gap between 10 - 20 will be reasonably small.
2 - 10 will be settled by just a couple of quality wins.
Pards will end up managing a Champ team.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Hmmm not so sure about that.

3 of the softest teams coming down.
4 reasonably 'easy' teams currently in the play offs.
Norwich will still be a basketcase.
Villa will have won the division by Christmas.
I think the gap between 10 - 20 will be reasonably small.
2 - 10 will be settled by just a couple of quality wins.
Pards will end up managing a Champ team.

I fully expect Villa and Norwich to be a force next season, just too much to loss now! Sunderland will get their act together, and if Swansea come down! Derby will finally do something with a defensive minded manager! I think it'll be super tough next year and we would have lost key players either poached or freebie's!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I fully expect Villa and Norwich to be a force next season, just too much to lose now! Sunderland will get their act together, and if Swansea come down! Derby will finally do something with a defensive minded manager! I think it'll be super tough next year and we would have lost key players either poached or freebie's!
This. CH has said in an interview that he is most relieved we got up this year as next year's Championship will undoubtedly be harder than it was this season.

If we had not been promoted then we would have had a significant turnover of players and who knows if the mixture would have come out right again next year...?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We might have to have endured another season of hearing 'We're on our way' as we fight for promotion. Small blessings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we would have lost key players either poached or freebie's!

This was the big one. If we'd stayed down, not sure I'd have been super-confident after losing Stephens, Stockdale, Dunk minimum. The signing of Murray and the big contracts we threw at Kayal, March and Knockaert to sign extensions would have eaten a big chunk of the budget, so replacing those leaving would have been tough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fully expect Villa and Norwich to be a force next season, just too much to loss now! Sunderland will get their act together, and if Swansea come down! Derby will finally do something with a defensive minded manager! I think it'll be super tough next year and we would have lost key players either poached or freebie's!
As said I think it'll be super tight, full of pressure which will on a level make it difficult.
I just don't think that'll show when it comes to points needed.

This season was always going to be the last role of the dice, being balls out with Stephens all but proves that.

I don't think having a team challenge for promotion, next season, will be difficult, I think the problem will come in the fact that team will be challenging at least 8 clubs.
A problem neither the Albion or Newcastle had to face.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We might have to have endured another season of hearing 'We're on our way' as we fight for promotion. Small blessings.

We could still be singing it next season replacing "The Premier League" with "The Championship"

*above comment is firmly tongue in cheek before I get flamed"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Birmingham to "secure" the services of 'Arry Redknapp for next season.
Birmingham to enter administration by March.
'Arry to walk away with the team in the bottom 3, telling everyone "I was given nuffink to work with, down to the bare bones. It was an impossible job."

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Dunk, Stephens, Stockdale and possibly Knockaert (to help balance the books) all to have gone and a rush job of a transfer window to patch the holes and scrabble for the play offs in an even more competitive league.

Not to mention the biblical scale flooding of the Brighton and Hove area from the perennial bed wetting and a Moses-esque ark fashioned out of spin/comment from the Amex by CH/PB and TB

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Stephens and Stockdale would definitely go. Probably would have been difficult to keep hold of Dunk and Knocky. Would have to have be a huge rebuilding job. All this on top of the heartbreak of two successive near misses. Thank f@@k we did it!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Stephens and Stockdale would definitely go. Probably would have been difficult to keep hold of Dunk and Knocky. Would have to have be a huge rebuilding job. All this on top of the heartbreak of two successive near misses. Thank f@@k we did it!

Have to agree! A footballers career is short, how many seasons do you wait! This team forced their way through the crowd at the last chance saloon and order big! Amazing effort in cold light of day!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd be fuming because I would miss the first leg of our play off match as I'll be in Paris

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here