Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Such a shame

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It doesn't mean I don't hurt seeing Newcastle lifting the trophy with their big smiling expensively assembled faces. It doesn't mean I'm not furious inside. It just means I was trying to put a positive spin on it, earlier.

Before I saw the pictures of them with the trophy.

Our Trophy.

The one we threw away.

That one.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My head says, "Be happy - we're in the Premier League."

My heart say, "Look at what you could've won..."

I'll get over it, but tonight I feel a bit deflated, which is not what I ever expected to feel at the end of a promotion-winning campaign. Sorry - can't help it.

7 points clear with 3 to play... :facepalm:

Feel exactly the same.

I guess for our players and fans, promotion was THE ONE. Newcastle players and fans have done it all before. That really was an explosion of joy that day and I suppose it took something out of the players a bit.

Still, come August, we'll have forgotten all about it.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
But it didn't work out that way, if it did I would agree with you, we had 3 games to get 3 points with no pressure, and we didn't even try, pro footballers want to win trophies,and it is still pissing me off, we should have had it all but I am sure I will get over it soon enough.

I wasn't at Norwich. I think the players tried against Bristol City but it was hard to keep heads straight with all the celebrations. I am absolutely sure they tried yesterday. There were some tired legs and it wasn't our best performance. However there was a lot of effort. I don't think I've seen a group of players so deflated as when Villa scored.

We're all gutted - but as you say we will get over it

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The only positives we can really take is that we will have already been scouting other players for a few weeks now and to mess up a 7 point lead with 3 games to play should focus the minds for next season. I agree with posters saying Norwich and Villa were probably two of our toughest away games this year, but on the other hand neither of them had anything to play for. We could be in for some torrid away games next season if we can't beat either of those two...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tremendous season. Absolutely brilliant but however you sugar coat it missing out on the title was, and possibly always will be, a big regret.
Of course the boys deserve all the adolation for achieving the number 1 priority target this season but I do also think it's good to be a bit greedy and always strive for better, not convince yourself that just about enough is enough. This breeds a winning mentality.

This. All credit to Newcastle for pushing on rather than accepting promotion as job done. Understandable as they faced different expectations and hadn't had 2 seasons chasing a dream - but high (realistic) aspirations are essential.

Look at all the players in the Premier League who jack it in after 38 points season after season. It's not really on.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Job was done on Easter Monday. Winning the championship is as relevant as the Zenth Data Systems trophy. No ones going to remember or give a f@&k. All this 'feeling of being gutted' is just nonsense. Let the Geordies, with their premier league stroon squad have their celebration! I doubt that they'll be regaling their grandchildren in years too come about winning the tier two of English football! "Whatever old man you might as well have won the JTP trophy for anyone cares!!!" It will all be a distant memory when next seasons fixture list comes out.

Up the Albion and ffs get a grip! SEEEEEEEEEEAGULLS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here