Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Congratulations to NEWCASTLE UNITED thread?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Now I am gutted at anyone we let the Championship trophy slip from our grasp but I would like to congratulate Newcastle United in winning the League. We ran them close and could have won it but couldn't hold on for a couple of minutes. But history will show that the Magpies beat The Seagulls home and away, had more points, more goals, in front of bigger crowds. We done so well at competing with them on a smaller budget, a squad with less depth and less "star" names. Proud to be a Brighton fan and after a gut wrenching end to the season have settled down to admire WHAT our club has achieved.

Well done Newcastle you achieved what most people predicted, but boy we ran you close, much closer than we ever imagined.:ascarf:

Ssssssseeeeeeaaaagggggguuuuuulllllllllllsssss

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree with every word, but, I expect you to get flamed.

I would have loved to win it, but, if we couldn't, I'm glad the Geordies did.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Yep well said Gully. Hopefully it dampens the expectations amongst the children but I doubt it!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Beat Albion home and away. Over the 46 games they were marginally the best. Fully deserved. Brighton's cheaper, thinner and less illustrious squad (and the oldest in the division according to the national media), ran out of steam early.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Oh I expect to get flamed, when that Villa goal went in I was absolutely gutted, but over the season Newcastle WERE the better team as expected. It doesn't take away the pride I feel in our club to get where we are today, especially after Hereford, Gillingham ect. For flips sake we are in one of, if not, the best league in the world next season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree totally with last point.

Before a ball was kicked this season, I can't stand Villa, Derby and Wednesday (all entitled, spiteful sets of fans), and everyone on NSC seems to hate Leeds. I don't mind Newcastle, so a relatively good outcome.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Now I am gutted at anyone we let the Championship trophy slip from our grasp but I would like to congratulate Newcastle United in winning the League. We ran them close and could have won it but couldn't hold on for a couple of minutes. But history will show that the Magpies beat The Seagulls home and away, had more points, more goals, in front of bigger crowds. We done so well at competing with them on a smaller budget, a squad with less depth and less "star" names. Proud to be a Brighton fan and after a gut wrenching end to the season have settled down to admire WHAT our club has achieved.

Well done Newcastle you achieved what most people predicted, but boy we ran you close, much closer than we ever imagined.:ascarf:

Where's that bloke that says NO :moo:

LVGull

May 13, 2016

No. Thread closed.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

Your message would have more effect if you were to post it on there message board. I agree with your sentiment though

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
We got more than we expected the Toon got what everyone expected, but only just, we ran them so close but congratulations to them anyway

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think they've done really well. Okay, so on paper, they had the best squad and manager, but history tells us it's very hard to get relegated from the premier league and come straight back up. They've done very well to do it.

From what I've seen, they WERE the best side in the division. We were probably (until recently) the most consistent. What really impressed me was their attitude once they had achieved promotion. Their players looked frustrated. All the talk was of them keeping it up and hoping we might slip up. Well they certainly delivered and unfortunately, so did we.

Well done Geordies, it pains me to say it, but you deserved it

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No problem congratulating them but we did not run them close, we handed it to them on a plate and it hurts.
I wanted to see Bruno lift that trophy at home, a party today and I wanted to see a bus parade with promotion and the trophy, we could of and should of.
We should never have celebrated until today and later.

theboybilly

No problem congratulating them but we did not run them close, we handed it to them on a plate and it hurts.
I wanted to see Bruno lift that trophy at home, a party today and I wanted to see a bus parade with promotion and the trophy, we could of and should of.
We should never have celebrated until today and later.

Hard to disagree. But still, congratulations Newcastle

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
**** em

I mean they've already won the Texaco Cup

Twice! :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any Congratulations to NEWCASTLE UNITED thread?

There doesn't appear to be one, so I'll use this one. Congratulations to Newcastle. In the end they pipped us to it; they scored more points than we did, so are rightly celebrating being Champions. Still hurts though, that we blew it at the end (and we did).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here