Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Villa pitch

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My goodness. Was anyone else in admiration? That was just about the best pitch I've ever seen. Difficult to describe just how good it was and this was the last match of the season! Villa Park may not look much from the outside, the concourses and loos were horrible but it's a lovely stadium to watch football in and that pitch today may well have made it my favourite away ground.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My goodness. Was anyone else in admiration? That was just about the best pitch I've ever seen. Difficult to describe just how good it was and this was the last match of the season! Villa Park may not look much from the outside, the concourses and loos were horrible but it's a lovely stadium to watch football in and that pitch today may well have made it my favourite away ground.

Are you saying that after losing £80 million last season, Ross McCormack's gate-gate, a lunatic Chinese owner, signing one legged Scott Hogan for £15m , Jack Grealish's recreational issues, having an ex owner called Randy...that Villa have 99 problems but a pitch ain't one?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are you saying that after losing £80 million last season, Ross McCormack's gate-gate, a lunatic Chinese owner, signing one legged Scott Hogan for £15m , Jack Grealish's recreational issues, having an ex owner called Randy...that Villa have 99 problems but a pitch ain't one?

Oh, well played that man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you reach for that again, you'll do yourself a mischief.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

If you reach for the moon

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Beautiful old ground. Arguably best in country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed. First thing we all remarked on when we got to our seats.....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Did you notice that at half time they only watered the end we were defending. Unless the other half got watered when I went for a weeeeee. And showing highlights they only showed the Villa attacks

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did you notice that at half time they only watered the end we were defending. Unless the other half got watered when I went for a weeeeee. And showing highlights they only showed the Villa attacks

I think that's all fair game and a long established home team trick. Didn't Wolves waterlog their pitch for a European game in the 50s thus nullifying their opposition's superior technical skills?

Would have loved to have seen the replay of the penalty incident today though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
According to the match day program they won championship pitch of the season. Not surprised as it looked fantastic.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pros -
Near by parking and fairly easy to get out.
Row UU (near the back) but right on top of the action. Large knee room (if sitting).
Cons -
£2 to get IN to a pub and £3.90 a pint
Very narrow stairway in and narrow concourse.
No beer. WHAT?
OK so not all to do with the ground but whilst it was good, it is showing its age.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Lovely looking pitch It appeared to me to be a bit slippery in places and dry in others I suspect this inconstancy contributed to the couple of injuries, the stadium is a proper old ground really nice good view friendly helpful staff, concourse was ok but toilets were horrible locals very frendly had a night out in the town Saturday loads of Brighton fans around saw no trouble all very good natured and really cheap have to say I was impressed with Birmingham and plan to go back for a long weekend soon

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Did you manage to say all that without holding your breath!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here