Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If today's game was for a point to go up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We would have got the point..

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Apart from the 5 games In a row we won seal promotion or beating Sheffield Wednesday with 10 men or winning at Hillsborough. What an utterly moronic comment.

Or not winning one play off match since we have been at the Amex , not winning the title with a 7 point lead with 3 games to go ,
Or not winning any of the last 2 matches of last season which would of got us automatic promotion need I go on

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Apart from the 5 games In a row we won seal promotion or beating Sheffield Wednesday with 10 men or winning at Hillsborough. What an utterly moronic comment.

On the flip side, we needed ONE win from three games to become champions, one game of which was against a team fighting relegation, we picked up one point. We have a history of finding games with a lot riding on them difficult. For instance we've never won a play off game since moving to the AMEX. Also see last season when we played Derby at home. A win would have see us all but promoted but we scraped a draw meaning only a win at Boro would do and we all know how that turned out. I have, over recent seasons, questioned our mental strength on these 'big occasions'.

I hasten to add I am incredibly proud of the club and what is has achieved but I'm still feeling a bit bitter after today. Doesn't help that my brother in law is a Villa fan and hasn't kept quiet all afternoon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here