Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big saving grace of today

Is that we got the job done with three matches to go

We all know what would have happened if it had come down to the last two or god help us the last one

We've seen enough now to know that the pressure of the one off occasion this team can't quite manage - good job we've got 38 games next season

Congrats to Chris and the team for their great consistency across the entire season

double dip dave

Nov 1, 2016
did we not have promotion sealed with about five games to go in div 1 and did not win another game and scummers nearly caught us for the title

rool

Jul 10, 2003

We all know what would have happened if it had come down to the last two or god help us the last one

We've seen enough now to know that the pressure of the one off occasion this team can't quite manage - good job we've got 38 games next season

Congrats to Chris and the team for their great consistency across the entire season

Fupp of you plastic paddy knob

did we not have promotion sealed with about five games to go in div 1 and did not win another game and scummers nearly caught us for the title

Yeh I still have a laugh about that with the Saints fan in my office. Going up second really didn't seem to do them much harm

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeh I still have a laugh about that with the Saints fan in my office. Going up second really didn't seem to do them much harm

Southampton never really got in the races that season til the back end of September. Then they suddenly clicked and motored on up the division like a vintage Ferrari, while we finally trundled over the line like a Trabant.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Perhaps the biggest saving grace is that 47 points was enough to keep us up two years ago; in many seasons including this it wouldn't. Cannot see that we would have had two successive promotions from then.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Apart from the last 3 games , which was very disappointing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here