Members
    Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

The big saving grace of today

6 Not allowed!
    Is that we got the job done with three matches to go

We all know what would have happened if it had come down to the last two or god help us the last one

We've seen enough now to know that the pressure of the one off occasion this team can't quite manage - good job we've got 38 games next season

Congrats to Chris and the team for their great consistency across the entire season
    "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      did we not have promotion sealed with about five games to go in div 1 and did not win another game and scummers nearly caught us for the title
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We all know what would have happened if it had come down to the last two or god help us the last one

We've seen enough now to know that the pressure of the one off occasion this team can't quite manage - good job we've got 38 games next season

Congrats to Chris and the team for their great consistency across the entire season
      Fupp of you plastic paddy knob
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rool View Post
      Am guessing this is another Shane Duffy fan
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by double dip dave View Post
      did we not have promotion sealed with about five games to go in div 1 and did not win another game and scummers nearly caught us for the title
      Yeh I still have a laugh about that with the Saints fan in my office. Going up second really didn't seem to do them much harm
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Yeh I still have a laugh about that with the Saints fan in my office. Going up second really didn't seem to do them much harm
      Southampton never really got in the races that season til the back end of September. Then they suddenly clicked and motored on up the division like a vintage Ferrari, while we finally trundled over the line like a Trabant.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Perhaps the biggest saving grace is that 47 points was enough to keep us up two years ago; in many seasons including this it wouldn't. Cannot see that we would have had two successive promotions from then.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Apart from the last 3 games , which was very disappointing
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rool View Post
      Bit harsh?
      Your mum.