Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over it already!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as nice as it would have been to be Champions, we'd all have taken 2nd at the beginning of the season. job done.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Initially I was gutted, but it's worn off very quickly. We're going to be playing in the Premier League next season. Let's hope we don't concede territory so easily against 10 men then though.

bob_monkhouse

Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Jun 16, 2014
Liphook
disappointing not to go up as champions however we are now premier league ! Well done Chris and all the players for an amazing season. In all my 45 years of supporting the Albion I never thought I'd see the day. happy and proud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just like when we stumbled across the line v Southampton in The Withdean Years, we've stumbled across the line now. We wipe the slate clean. We go again.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Today and the previous two games should absolutely not put a dampener on this season.

Mission accomplished .

Prem here we come

Yes - just sheeeeeer relief today didn't really matter - just the odd shiver thinking about if it had mattered.

Happy memories of pitch invasions and Knocky's terrible singalongs :)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Let's sit back and enjoy those poor buggers' travails in the play offs. Owls to win through for me.

Let's sit back and enjoy those poor buggers' travails in the play offs. Owls to win through for me.

Fulham for me - really class team in the making

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I have to say I'm very glad that this season is now over. This team has shown in the past that they bounce back from disappointments, and while today is not the biggest disappointment in the grand scheme of things, I'd like to think they can all learn from it and improve in the future. It's one of those things. Once the transfer dealings get under way we'll soon have forgotten about this.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm not over it......1991 took 3 months to recover,genuinely ruined my summer (was younger then though) 1997 has taken 20 years to recover (although we have had highs) nope i am not over it,since Wigan we are a Premier league club-

Sadly since Wigan,we have performed like a low end table team...

Won't get over it for at least today...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
disappointing not to go up as champions however we are now premier league ! Well done Chris and all the players for an amazing season. In all my 45 years of supporting the Albion I never thought I'd see the day. happy and proud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eh? Did you go walkabout 1979-83?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There's really very little difference in finishing first or second in this league. It's all about the automatic places and avoiding the lottery of the play-offs. Job done.

I'm sure we can all think of moments and games where we might have picked up the extra points we needed but those were more than balanced by the points we gained in games where it looked unlikely.

A great season and if anyone thinks we underachieved by coming second to Newcastle it maybe just shows how much progress the club has made.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here