Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest article on us - The Telegraph

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
(Did a search couldn't see it)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-perfect-football-club/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb

Another article but with more of a focus on TB and worth reading for this beautiful quote alone;

"Barber wanted one question answered. “I said, ‘OK, but what’s your exit plan? At what point do you want to get off?’ “Wealthy guys tend to get to the Premier League and look for a sale. He looked puzzled and said, ‘Look over there’. He pointed to a picture in his office of his son, who was two at the time. He said, ‘My plan is to pass the club on to him’."
:clap2::clap2::bhasign::bhasign:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Good stuff. Emphasises the culture of doing things right that runs through the club, including the importance of recruiting players based not just on playing factors -warm up, celebration, social media etc. The tendency on NSC to list desirable players based on their on perceived on field performance is far too simplistic, which is why I think it highly likely that' at least two summer signings will be players we have not heard of.

Found also an article from January that again emphasises the Bloom approach: http://www.honestbettingreviews.com/tony-bloom f/. If you are going into something, do it properly, and if you can't do it properly, don't do it.

The stats analysis outlined in both articles including analysing the successes and failures of previously promoted teams leaves a warm feeling that if we don't make it next season it won't be for want of preparation.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-perfect-football-club/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb

Another article but with more of a focus on TB and worth reading for this beautiful quote alone;

"Barber wanted one question answered. “I said, ‘OK, but what’s your exit plan? At what point do you want to get off?’ “Wealthy guys tend to get to the Premier League and look for a sale. He looked puzzled and said, ‘Look over there’. He pointed to a picture in his office of his son, who was two at the time. He said, ‘My plan is to pass the club on to him’."

That quote has made my day. After coming back from near death, we must be one of the healthiest clubs in England if not the World. Who'd of thunk it? Savour today everyone, whether we win or.....f#ck it , we ARE going to win!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That quote has made my day. After coming back from near death, we must be one of the healthiest clubs in England if not the World. Who'd of thunk it? Savour today everyone, whether we win or.....f#ck it , we ARE going to win!

It's the way we do things, nothing straight forward, even with 3 games to spare.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

It's a beautiful thing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Absolute legend

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
One thing that we can be certain of is that, despite the occasional setback (hopefully not today), we are on an upward course. Even if next season goes badly I'm convinced that we'll become established in the Prem and be challenging for the top 6 within a few years.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bit of history rewriting from Martin Perry there. It makes it sound as if TB hadn't been helping to prop up the club for quite a while before he offered to pay for the stadium.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Telegraph article is headlined something like "Seagulls Soar: How to Build the Perfect Football Club". If anyone is still struggling with perspective this evening then it would be a good read.

It is literally incredible what has happened to our club in the last few years. Of all the football clubs in the whole world we are among the luckiest set of fans that there is to have our club so spectacularly well run and healthy.

I fully expect the good news story to continue with further progress and establishment in the Premier League. It is an AMAZING time to be an Albion fan and I have loved this season more than any other...!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here