Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Peter Ward Q?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170506-190255.png

A question for all you Albion nerds of the older persuasion.
After reading the Albion v Arsenal program from their 1st Division debut, I read the above article, which included a mention of Peter Ward getting sent off in a friendly.
I cannot remember him ever getting sent off, whilst playing for the Albion competitively.
Perhaps anyone on here can remember either way? :thumbsup:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
back then,it was hard to know if someone had been booked

before the cards came out

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Got sent off playing against the East German national side in a pre-season tournament under Mullery!

This is what happens when strikers play too deep.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A question for all you Albion nerds of the older persuasion.
After reading the Albion v Arsenal program from their 1st Division debut, I read the above article, which included a mention of Peter Ward getting sent off in a friendly.
I cannot remember him ever getting sent off, whilst playing for the Albion competitively.
Perhaps anyone on here can remember either way? :thumbsup:

From Peter Ward's biography, "He Shot, He Scored" (page 98):-

I had been getting kicked about all over the pitch by this great big German goon. Just after half-time I had the ball and I goaded him, did a Georgie Best saying "Come on then" and knocked it past him. He took me out neck-high and I lost it. I pushed him and then kicked him in the nuts. The referee sent me off straight away.

After the tournament there was a big banquet and all the teams were there. Mullery told me that I should apologise to the guy that I'd kicked, but I said "No chance". That was the only time that I was ever sent off, playing for Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here