1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Need to get Perry Mason on the case.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I found this part of the article very interesting:

Paul Winstanley is the club’s head of recruitment and analysis and says that scouting focuses beyond the obvious to how a player warms up, how they might celebrate a goal and who they interact with. They will also consider how they behave on social media, their family background, off-field habits and broader interests, motivations and influences.

They clearly scout he whole person not just the talent on the pitch.
I'm not too sure how Paddy McCourt slipped through the net. ???

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I feel immense pride in having spent 41 years supporting this club, it having been the first football match I was ever taken to, as an 8 year old kid on a Children's Country Holiday Fund holiday where I stayed with some lovely people in Burgess Hill. They took me along to Brighton Vs Brentford in the League Cup, having lost the 1st Leg 1-0 we drew 1-1 so went out but I had caught the bug & a lifetime of ups & downs has followed. So to be where we are now is vindication of my loyalty & reading that article really makes me glow inside knowing that for all the bad days we have had there is the reward of being a supporter of the best club run by the best people I could ever have hoped for. I even share a surname with our Chief Executive so the synergy is perfect to me!
Thank you Tony Bloom for making all my dreams come true. (Well my football ones anyway!)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think most people are probably opening this thread expecting to read that we are trying to sign the Palace defender.
Maybe there is a need for the mods to change the title now that the article has been corrected.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I found this part of the article very interesting:

Paul Winstanley is the club’s head of recruitment and analysis and says that scouting focuses beyond the obvious to how a player warms up, how they might celebrate a goal and who they interact with. They will also consider how they behave on social media, their family background, off-field habits and broader interests, motivations and influences.

They clearly scout he whole person not just the talent on the pitch.
I'm not too sure how Paddy McCourt slipped through the net. ???

That was the previous incumbent David Burke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here