Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham title challenge over?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I think they've done incredibly well to get within distance of Chelsea after they went miles clear early doors. It was always going to be Chelsea's title, they should enjoy it while it lasts. No one will know what will hit them next season when we storm the league!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, the media hype for Spuds (and Toffees) this season, has just been popped.

Even harder next year - Maurinho and Guardiola will be a year more prepared, and both will embark on huge spending sprees this summer on quality players, raiding Monaco and Athletico Madrid for example.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didn't exist other than Sky's hype anyway...

if they'd won, they'd be a point behind. seems reasonable close, and more so than the last couple of seasons.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
True, there will be a lot of hatred next season against arrogant clubs and scummy fans from London and ManUre, and against biased referees costing us.

The most annoying thing next season will be big decisions that go against us.. the type that get talked about endlessly if it's Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool... being forgotten almost immediately. Look at Rashford's dive against Swansea that's cost them 2 points. Potentially a moment that could lose them their Premier League status.

To be honest, I've been sore about this ever since that FA Cup Replay against Liverpool after the 2-2 draw at Anfield when, if memory serves, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed and the collective reaction on Match of the Day was to treat it as if it didn't really matter. Probably should have let it go by now!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Shirley it is the same as being relegated in that respect, I support BHA and all other clubs are a bit 'meh'. No real hate, just couldn't give a fook.

Sure there are some clubs in the championship that Brighton fans really don't like but I am sure that when it really comes down to it then Leeds is the one club they really hate, and rightly so, other clubs are really liked Fulham and Burton for example and the championship as a league is generally liked.
But the PL has been totally slagged off for years on here, so have many of the clubs, the way some of the players act and certainly the fans, the PL is either hated or people just do or did not care for it.
Not saying I did not want to go up, I am 'over the moon' about it, I am just making a point that does not seem to have been mentioned since promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here