Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The final Friday Night Drinking Thread of 2016/17

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It's been a corker of a season, everyone. Let's take a moment to say cheers :cheers: :whisky: :drink:

Spot of prosecco going down here.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
50876a0a40cc43e2f9942e92992ed307.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I assume that a lot of NSCers are downing as much Harvey's as possible at Lewes. I now have Villa tickets and have therefore bowed out of that to avoid divorce. We took the kids out to the local Italian instead and I managed a Peroni. A couple of glasses of Saint-Chinian once back home have further taken the edge off missing out on a night out. Best stop now as I have park run in the morning, though my PB was set after a bottle of red and a trip round the optics in the Schooner the night before.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I assume that a lot of NSCers are downing as much Harvey's as possible at Lewes. I now have Villa tickets and have therefore bowed out of that to avoid divorce. We took the kids out to the local Italian instead and I managed a Peroni. A couple of glasses of Saint-Chinian once back home have further taken the edge off missing out on a night out. Best stop now as I have park run in the morning, though my PB was set after a bottle of red and a trip round the optics in the Schooner the night before.

Is the Schooner re-opened?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Running a personal comparison between a Louis Jadot Macon Villages and a Brancott Marlborough Sauvignon, let you know the conclusion tomorrow.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Said I would start a diet after the last home game and I have. So Tanqueray and slimline for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sauvignon Blanc. French.

Can't tell you much more as it was part of a 'thank you' selection of 2 * white, 2 * red and 2 * fizz for looking after a Labrador for 10 days or so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is the Schooner re-opened?

This was last year - I've been injured. But they are open for drinks, just not food. My mate knows the owners and it's looking like food will be back around late June / July.

The whole kitchen had to be rebuilt. They've lost a lot of trade but are raring to go.

scooter1

How soon is now?
A couple of Amstels in Hangleton Manor earlier(notwithstanding the farting dog in the corner). Got the little one showered and into bed, before a couple Friday night cans. The cava is on ice for approx 2pm on Sunday. Can't make it to Villa, but hoping that one of the mooted streams comes to fruition

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This was last year - I've been injured. But they are open for drinks, just not food. My mate knows the owners and it's looking like food will be back around late June / July.

The whole kitchen had to be rebuilt. They've lost a lot of trade but are raring to go.

Thanks for the update - I misread your post.

Have they made any upgrades to the bar - it must have suffered smoke/water damage?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So far pimms, rum and coke, then a mudslide ( cocktail using rum cream, white rum, vodka and ice blitzed) and a single malt or 3 to finish off.

Mmmm

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Seth Efrican Chenin Blanc. Having done Eastleigh & back today including a working day on Site its a shower and off to the land of Nod once this glass is done.

I might just be tempted to go onto the Election thread and ask Herr T etc. how big a majority Labour will have in June... :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Couple of Harvey's at the Dripping Pan, now a swift Galicia Estella at the Five Bells [emoji348] and maybe a dram of something special when I get in.

Although.....

47db4b239291100613e593e3650533b8.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Couple of Harvey's at the Dripping Pan, now a swift Galicia Estella at the Five Bells [emoji348] and maybe a dram of something special when I get in.

You are clearly a regular at the Five Bells but I tend only to do Saturday Lunchtimes, I guess for obvious reasons you don't!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here