Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Veggard Forren

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I guess he was just there for insurance. No chance to prove anything to anyone.

Is he on a short term contract to Sunday?

Short term contract to the end of the season yes. From our pint of view, yes - he was an insurance policy against further injuries / suspensions.

For him - he didn't get a chance to prove his worth in a Championship game, but he's had 3 months' wages and 3 months training with CH and his staff. If as we suspect he hasn't shown enough to earn a deal here in a higher league, that doesn't necessarily mean he's wasted his time. If he's been decent and his attitude has been good then Hughton / Trollope's contacts might steer him to another opportunity.

Jimmy Grimble

He also got to join in with the almighty piss-up after the Wigan game. Think he was easily mistaken to be another fan as Baldock et al crowd surfed past him on the train.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If as we suspect he hasn't shown enough to earn a deal here in a higher league, that doesn't necessarily mean he's wasted his time. If he's been decent and his attitude has been good then Hughton / Trollope's contacts might steer him to another opportunity.

If only you'd taken Elvis under your wing!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Short term contract to the end of the season yes. From our pint of view, yes - he was an insurance policy against further injuries / suspensions.

For him - he didn't get a chance to prove his worth in a Championship game, but he's had 3 months' wages and 3 months training with CH and his staff. If as we suspect he hasn't shown enough to earn a deal here in a higher league, that doesn't necessarily mean he's wasted his time. If he's been decent and his attitude has been good then Hughton / Trollope's contacts might steer him to another opportunity.

Freudian slip?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's just money for old rope isn't it? I doubt Forren is too bothered about not playing.

I'd say he probably IS, tbh. Seemingly he rejected a 2 year deal at home, to come here and try to impress / win a deal.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I'd say he probably IS, tbh. Seemingly he rejected a 2 year deal at home, to come here and try to impress / win a deal.

^This. Deal was with Rosenberg BK who won the league and the cup last season, so he turned down the opportunity to play in the Champions League, as well as missing out on being a team mate of Lord Bendtner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is always possible rthat CH signed him with a view of looking at him in training and or a match if needed with a view to extending his contract for next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He might still be worth keeping, for insurance. We can't know for definite that that offer you can't refuse won't come in for Dunk, or for certain that Goldson will be able to get right back to where he was before. Of course, like everyone else on NSC, I've no idea how well he impressed in training, or what CH thinks about him!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He might still be worth keeping, for insurance. We can't know for definite that that offer you can't refuse won't come in for Dunk, or for certain that Goldson will be able to get right back to where he was before. Of course, like everyone else on NSC, I've no idea how well he impressed in training, or what CH thinks about him!

In true Albion style Duffy's injury could run for much longer too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here