Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cases where life should mean you are never coming out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think this qualifies personally,

A 3 month old baby :nono:

A man who murdered his baby son in a "moment of anger" has been jailed for life.

Robert Hinz, who threw three-month-old Julian "vigorously" against a hard surface, will serve a minimum term of 21 years.

Julian suffered severe skull fractures last April and died in hospital when his life support system was turned off.

Hinz, 34, of Carysfort Road, Bournemouth, was convicted of murder by a jury at Winchester Crown Court.

The court heard Julian collapsed in a bedroom at home on 8 April 2016, when his mother was out shopping.

'Truly appalling'

Hinz told the jury he tried to resuscitate his son, who was "floppy" and not breathing.

He had denied injuring his son, but police told the court he was "unable to control his anger and aggression".

Doctors identified a minimum of 42 fractures in Julian's body, including fractured ribs, inflicted by "squeezing" and bruising, the jury heard.

Following Hinz's sentencing, Det Insp Richard Dixey said the murder was a "truly appalling crime".

more http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-39802288

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
A sickening story. Always seems worse somehow when there's a child involved. Personally I'd rather he went to the hangmans noose.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Heartbreaking and sickening.

Whilst it will never bring the poor little lad back, I hope the #### is made to feel welcome by his fellow prisoners.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Heartbreaking and sickening.

Whilst it will never bring the poor little lad back, I hope the #### is made to feel welcome by his fellow prisoners.

unfortunately I think he might be on rule 43

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This kind of crime should certainly mean in prison until they die. No chance at all of early release/parole. You're in til you snuff it. With the burden of rehabilitation removed we no longer need care about his mental health or whther harsh treatment will make him likely to re-offend. In a cell with a thin mattress on the floor, no blanket. bucket for a toilet, 2 bland meals a day, no TV, books, music newspapers, games. Nothing. Just nothing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, hour after grinding hour, day after grinding day until he dies.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This kind of crime should certainly mean in prison until they die. No chance at all of early release/parole. You're in til you snuff it. With the burden of rehabilitation removed we no longer need care about his mental health or whther harsh treatment will make him likely to re-offend. In a cell with a thin mattress on the floor, no blanket. bucket for a toilet, 2 bland meals a day, no TV, books, music newspapers, games. Nothing. Just nothing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, hour after grinding hour, day after grinding day until he dies.
The only thing I would add to that is, there should be a hook on the ceiling and he should be supplied with a piece of rope.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In the BBC report it also states

Passing sentence, judge Mr Justice Warby said: "Over... three months until the fatal episode, you lost your job and ran into financial difficulties.
"Over the same period your son was subjected to serious violence at your hands on at least four occasions."

So what were Child services doing during this 3 month period, given that this child suffered at least 4 acts of violence from the father during this period. Why wasn't the child removed from the family home, or the father charged with any of these attacks.

I would have thought it would have been far better to prevent the childs death by any early intervention by child services, rather than now starting a debate on whether the father should be locked up for ever and a day.

Unfortunately there have over the years been far to many failings by child services. Whether this is down to the system or the lack of funding I'm not sure, but they do need to become more efficient and proactive to avoid such tragic events in the future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ alive, is there any need for this thread? There's enough hideous stuff to stumble across in the Metro without people posting it up on here, and outbidding each other for gore and ever increasingly hysterical demands for retribution. The OP is surely not using NSC as a platform to seriously campaign 'for the death penalty', so what's the point? There are thousands of unbelievable cases of torture and murder out there . . . . . take your pick :(

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Christ alive, is there any need for this thread? There's enough hideous stuff to stumble across in the Metro without people posting it up on here, and outbidding each other for gore and ever increasingly hysterical demands for retribution. The OP is surely not using NSC as a platform to seriously campaign 'for the death penalty', so what's the point? There are thousands of unbelievable cases of torture and murder out there . . . . . take your pick :(

You are not required to open it, read it and comment on it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But I can, though, if I choose to do so (although clearly I read very little of it). My guess is it will be moved to the other board when the mods get home from work.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

What's the point? I was making a case for 'scum' like this to be locked up until they perish. NSC is not going to get any laws changed for sure, but this is a discussion board, and as far as I can see it's not soley about all matters Albion. Oh, and I wasn't campaigning for the death penalty, but now you mention it...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In a cell with a thin mattress on the floor, no blanket. bucket for a toilet, 2 bland meals a day, no TV, books, music newspapers, games. Nothing. Just nothing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, hour after grinding hour, day after grinding day until he dies.

Sounds like a season ticket with Southern Rail.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the term life should be dropped and a number of years given eg 30 years, 50 years, 80 years etc but there be no parole or remmission on a sentence of 30 years or over. Depending on the offenders age at the time of the offense 80 years will see most lifetimes out. In extreme cases the judge could give 100 years.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

But I can, though, if I choose to do so (although clearly I read very little of it). My guess is it will be moved to the other board when the mods get home from work.

What's the point? I was making a case for 'scum' like this to be locked up until they perish. NSC is not going to get any laws changed for sure, but this is a discussion board, and as far as I can see it's not soley about all matters Albion. Oh, and I wasn't campaigning for the death penalty, but now you mention it...

Perhaps along the lines of a spoiler alert for a said tv program, a warning could've been put in thread title, as its uncomfortable reading? :thumbsup:

LVGull

May 13, 2016

I totally agree with this, It's too easy in prison. Something like this will surley make people think before they do something.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the term life should be dropped and a number of years given eg 30 years, 50 years, 80 years etc but there be no parole or remmission on a sentence of 30 years or over. Depending on the offenders age at the time of the offense 80 years will see most lifetimes out. In extreme cases the judge could give 100 years.

Life doesn't mean life but the whole life tariff does.

There is quite a bit of confusion - judges can (and do) put people away until their death.

European Court of Human Rights cases on whole life orders[edit]
Three convicted murderers, Jeremy Bamber, Peter Moore and Douglas Vinter, all murderers who had been sentenced to whole life orders, applied to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, for the court to declare that it is a contravention of the European Convention on Human Rights for someone to be sentenced to lifelong imprisonment. The court ruled that because the whole-life orders were imposed by a judge only after consideration of the facts of each case, and because the life prisoners could apply to the Home Secretary for compassionate release, their whole life orders did not breach the murderers' human rights.[16][17] A later appeal by the same men led to a ruling in July 2013 that there must be a prospect of review of whole-life tariffs, and that any impossibility of parole would violate their Article 3 rights.[18] By this stage there were at least 49 prisoners serving such sentences, although the tariff had been used on many more occasions when sentencing prisoners who had since died.[19]

The European Court of Human Rights stated whole-life orders could be justified but should be reviewed after 25 years. Five judges at the Court of Appeal found the Strasbourg court was incorrect in concluding English and Welsh law never allowed whole life orders to be reduced because the Secretary of State could reduce such orders in "exceptional circumstances". Lord Thomas, current Lord Chief Justice said whole life orders were compatible with the European Convention on Human Rights in cases of extremely heinous crimes. Thomas said further, "Judges should therefore continue as they have done to impose whole-life orders in those rare and exceptional cases. (...) In our judgment the law of England and Wales therefore does provide to an offender 'hope' or the 'possibility' of release in exceptional circumstances which render the just punishment originally imposed no longer justifiable" [20]

In 2015 the European Court upheld the lawfulness of whole life orders, on the ground that they can be reviewed in exceptional circumstances.[21]

I can't remember the specific details - but the Yorkshire ripper wasn't actually given a "tariff" due to some technicality. This was against the background (I think) that the Home Secretary (rightly) wasn't allowed to intervene.

They ended up reviewing a whole bunch of cases and they went back to the Judges.

You ain't coming out was the result.

So Judges are quite able to lock people up for ever. It's a complete myth that they can't.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So sad,tragic and God bless you little one..

Awful...

21 years and we wonder why we have budget cuts,there is an answer in cut and dry cases........

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps along the lines of a spoiler alert for a said tv program, a warning could've been put in thread title, as its uncomfortable reading? :thumbsup:

I think it's pretty obvious from the title it's going to be a bad crime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here