Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Title conspiracy theory

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If the Villa game meant nothing then ticket sales for the beamback would be low and those with a ticket may even stay at home.
So, lose to Norwich & Bristol to keep the season interesting and the money rolling in.
No, my thoughts exactly, but it is a quiet day and I'm bored.
Bring it on and get the REAL trophy to Villa Park.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We gain an extra £5,000,000 for finishing First.

How many tickets are we expecting to sell for the beamback to make a cunning profit here?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, because 5000 beamback sales will make a crucial difference in funding next season when added to the £150million (give or take) from Sky..........[emoji23][emoji23]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We gain an extra £5,000,000 for finishing First.

Thier is no financial advantage to finishing first or last in the Championship prize money pot, apart from TV appearance money.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/revealed-how-much-newcastle-united-12844008

Unlike the Premier League, the EFL do not hand out prize money per position. Every club in the division from United and Brighton at the top to relegated Rotherham, who look certain to finish at the bottom of the division, will receive the same ‘basic award’ of £2.084million.

This reflects the EFL giving an equal share of the TV deal negotiated with Sky to broadcast Championship games to every club in the division, regardless of where they finish.

The EFL also give every club in the Championship a £4.3million ‘solidarity payment’ – which is donated by the Premier League to the EFL to ensure that the gap between the top division and the Football League does not widen too much. Again, this is distributed equally to every club regardless of where they finish in the league.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I said exactly this as a TOTAL JOKE after the Bristol City game. The We Are Brighton guys were in ear shot and tweeted the "rumour", also as a TOTAL JOKE. Something around here smells of Keith Chegwin's twitter account.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Perhaps Uncle Tony's company tipped up Newcastle as guaranteed title winners to his customers last summer. :eek: :wink:

I think everyone in the Universe did that.
Bets were being placed on them going all season unbeaten and also on them exceeding 100 points. A certain TalkSport contributor, with strong North Eastern connections, stands to win £40k if Toon lift the title.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If the Villa game meant nothing then ticket sales for the beamback would be low and those with a ticket may even stay at home.
So, lose to Norwich & Bristol to keep the season interesting and the money rolling in.
No, my thoughts exactly, but it is a quiet day and I'm bored.
Bring it on and get the REAL trophy to Villa Park.

If the Villa game meant nothing, there would be no beamback.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And don't forget the potential savings from not having to pay out Championes bonuses.

That would be an interesting "Pep Talk".

"Look lads. We don't want to pay you Champions' bonuses.. so.. er.. can you play badly?" :)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think everyone in the Universe did that.
Bets were being placed on them going all season unbeaten and also on them exceeding 100 points. A certain TalkSport contributor, with strong North Eastern connections, stands to win £40k if Toon lift the title.

Indeed. I was just joining in with the looney conspiracy theorist that we might throw it away to help those who backed Newcastle. :rolleyes:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Maybe, all the players have had a Joey Barton type punt on Newcastle to win the Championship, I hope it turns out like most of his bets do.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We'll win on Sunday, this blip is just part of the final story/montage!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Villa and the Albion are very much part of the sports sector of the illuminati. Wake up sheeple. Do you really think we lost to Bristol without it being a financial gain as well as it being an illusion?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We'll win on Sunday, this blip is just part of the final story/montage!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That's the spirit....quite looking forward to the match champions 10 miles up the road not that long ago ..give us a wave (opposite stand, centre of second tier)
Thanks

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here