Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The last time that were in with a chance of winning the Championship (Division 2) title

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I right in thinking that the Albion were on a British Caledonian flight to the USA when Palace played Burnley (?) at Selhurst in front of a crowd of 51000 (record crowd surely?) and pipped us at the post.

At least it's in our own hands this time and those feckers up the road can't spoil it for us :smile:

Memories of that season? We had been cheated by Spurs and Southampton, the previous season, in what everyone believed to be a fixed draw at the Dell and came back strong again the next season to clinch it at Newcastle. i seem to recall that we were a pretty attractive team to watch and it is a bit weird that our promotion involves Newcastle again!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From that moment onwards I really didn't like CPFC as a kid. CPFC2000, CFPC2010...still hate em..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can't blame them unfortunately - Sky didn't arrive on our hallowed shores until 1989.

Do you seriously think I meant that?

There was no football before 1992 (Premier League) anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you seriously think I meant that?

There was no football before 1992 (Premier League) anyway.

and we ****ed up getting there for the party too.. Thanks Colin Wanker

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was in the North (unusually) for the last game while Stains were fluffing the Spurs down the Dell. Strange day.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't give too hoots. I never thought we'd win the title, and the fact our very promotion went down to the last game meant that there weren't these strange 'post-euphoria' matches we've had this time. We needed to win our last game to get promoted and we did. Job done and everybody got pissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here