Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leave Your Mobile Phone at Home Day

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've had days where I've forgotten to charge my phone and gone without it for a whole day.

It is UTTER bliss. I can feel the stress levels decrease.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt that there is a single person signed up to NSC that doesn't have a mobile phone. I'll happily leave mine at home for a day

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A day?

Apple had mine for 2 hours yesterday and it felt as if someone had chopped my arm off. Suddenly a loose arrangement to "meet up in North Laine around 12" became difficult. Where were we meeting and when specifically*? Fortunately I had my MacBook Air with me so I could send a quick text instruction to email me with the when/where before Apple took my phone away.

(* - The Eagle at 12:15 as it happens. A few nice pints of Yardbird and lots of Albion chat in case you're interested.)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mobile phones don't work very well where I live (middle of the black mountains), I rarely carry a phone.

:shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Could do that easily. I have mine switched off in the office as a matter of course, and I often forget to switch it back on again. I won't say it's 'just for emergencies', as the apps alone (such as Google maps) make it a useful tool, but I often go several days at a time without using it.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I just have an ancient Nokia, hardly use it, except for texts, alarm and the time (Billy no mates ... haha!)

so could easily leave it at home

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I done it once, completely by accident.
Got all the way to ramsgate, went to phone the engineer I was meeting, then realised I'd brought the telly remote instead of my phone :facepalm:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've had days where I've forgotten to charge my phone and gone without it for a whole day.

It is UTTER bliss. I can feel the stress levels decrease.

I went to Madagascar last year where there is pretty much no wifi, then my battery ran out and I could not charge it. Day 1 was spent checking it continually out of habit but then as you say it becomes bliss! I really enjoyed not having it for 2 weeks.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why? Unless you are one of those dribbling idiots who just stares at and prods their phone all day no-matter whose company they are in then I see no need to control your phone use. I switch it to DND if I need to concentrate and have a general rule of leaving it in another room at home, checking on it if I am expecting anything important. There is no need to control your phone habits if there is no problem in the first place surely? I can go for hours without looking at my phone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here