Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A laughable attendance for a Champions League semi final and a few thousand below capacity for the visit of one of the biggest clubs in football. Fourth division Portsmouth are averaging more than that FFS.

Not that it matters to me of course, but I can't imagine the suits at UEFA are probably best pleased.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Champions League is a busted flush.

To be honest I didn't know it was even on this week, at what stage the competition is at and have no idea who is left in it.

Champions League :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A laughable attendance for a Champions League semi final and a few thousand below capacity for the visit of one of the biggest clubs in football. Fourth division Portsmouth are averaging more than that FFS.

Not that it matters to me of course, but I can't imagine the suits at UEFA are probably best pleased.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

oooh woz playin oooh?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Champions League is a busted flush.

To be honest I didn't know it was even on this week, at what stage the competition is at and have no idea who is left in it.

Champions League :shrug:

I bet you won't feel like that when the Albion are in it

:lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont suppose the UEFA suits give a hoot as long as the TV money still rolls in, more interested in the viewing figures.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I believe the stade louis only has a capacity of 18,000. I remember reading somewhere about extra seats are left empty for segregation in European competitions so probably still sold out. Or was the op talking with tongue in cheek?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
i dont suppose the UEFA suits give a hoot as long as the TV money still rolls in, more interested in the viewing figures.

If viewing figures were the main concern, they wouldn't have let BT Sport have exclusive rights! All about the money money money!

I wonder what the viewing figures are like at the moment, must be negligible.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There's only 37,000 people living in Monaco. Most of those (I'd imagine), don't really have much of an interest in football.

Add to that Nice is just down the road, and the majority of people in that area will either support Nice, Marseille (more likely), or be Italian.

It's not a huge club, they just had a lot of money invested on the knowledge that Champions League qualification is a lot more straight forward than in other countries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here