Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain Defoe

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Why are Bournemouth swooping? The Albion swoop. Surely the Cherries should pick.

Fooking Daily Mail can they get anything right.

Defoe will end up at Newcastle.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Whilst I would love to see him play for the Albion, it would be somewhat fitting that he returned to Bournemouth where he was on loan 16 seasons ago and scored in 10 consecutive matches.

Indeed. And why would he choose here over there? Side he's played for before, relatively established, known for playing attacking football. Ticks every box surely.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Won't be coming and far too early for us to sign anyone.
Give it another couple of months.

Agree with your first sentence. Don't believe he would ever be a target for us.
Disagree about timing of transfer news. Suspect we will hear something positive before the transfer window opens.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Quite a sobering thought as we hit the big time.

Can't be for long surely?

For as long as they are in the PL and have a mega wealthy backer.
They have had a head start on us and are learning how to survive at that level. They could be the new Swansea. Get promoted, stick to the same formula and consolidate. Eventually, however well run you are, your time runs out and comfortable mid-table turns into relegation dogfight. But its quite possible B'muff may get 7-8 seasons at that level. A lot will depend on whether Howe stays.
We have to look at their formula and learn from it.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Would prefer younger proven players to be signed and not break the bank on wages for one .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sooner he's off the market, the happier I'll be.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What is our pay structure for the Premier League ?

I'd be very surprised if our Premier League pay structure involved paying a 35 year old £80,000 a week. High potential for noses being put out of joint.

It's not so much the immediate financial risk (it's 'only' £4m ish a year.) More the effect on the club's current high earners.

Personally, though I wouldn't be unhappy if we could sign him on a 1 year deal. He's done the business in a very poor side this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here