Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Bruno in Catalan newspaper

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I came across this interview with Bruno in a Catalan newspaper a few days ago. I've had to read it through Google translator so it might be a bit iffy but there's a few revealing comments about how he doesn't think that English football is as technically proficient but that the Championship is better standard than the bottom of the Spanish first division. I've taken a snippet here.

http://www.lesportiudecatalunya.cat...-aqui-primer-son-de-l-equip-de-la-ciutat.html

b49f88.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure about this bit, Bruno.

"Aquí primer són del seu equip, l'equip local, el de la seva ciutat, i després són fans del Chelsea, del Manchester... d'un gran equip."

Here they are firstly fans of their team, the local team, the team of the city. After they are fans of Chelsea, of Manchester....of a big team.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

"Aquí primer són del seu equip, l'equip local, el de la seva ciutat, i després són fans del Chelsea, del Manchester... d'un gran equip."

Here they are firstly fans of their team, the local team, the team of the city. After they are fans of Chelsea, of Manchester....of a big team.

Yeah. I presume it translates that people in the town are fans of Brighton but other people in the town are fans of PL teams.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think I got off lightly. Just realised that my screengrab includes URLs and shortcuts!

Disappointing lack of MILF action.

I suppose we have to put his talk of English football lacking tactical nous in the context that he played under Sami Hyypia.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Disappointing lack of MILF action.

I suppose we have to put his talk of English football lacking tactical nous in the context that he played under Sami Hyypia.

But he also played under Poyet, Garcia and now under Hughton. I wouldn't have said that Hughton was particularly kick and rush. Actually, I know he isn't. So even after all that, he still thinks it's not as technical. I was a little disheartened after reading it.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Love this bit

Looks rope for a while?
When you get to this age no longer think only in the game at, but in the day. I try to enjoy every moment, every workout because I do not go much.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But he also played under Poyet, Garcia and now under Hughton. I wouldn't have said that Hughton was particularly kick and rush. Actually, I know he isn't. So even after all that, he still thinks it's not as technical. I was a little disheartened after reading it.
Indeed... a guy who I thought was Albion heart and soul... and by association England heart and soul.... it does feel a little disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Hope he gets to amend that, not exactly very respectful to the core support.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Hope he gets to amend that, not exactly very respectful to the core support.

We've had enough 'second club' threads on here to suggest that the phenomenon Bruno is referring to is a real one.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We've had enough 'second club' threads on here to suggest that the phenomenon Bruno is referring to is a real one.
And it is interesting to have an outsider's perspective on how strange it is.

It is a shame that it is so accepted and widespread in Brighton and Sussex as a result of BHAFC's underachievement over the years. Hopefully that will gradually change now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here